What's you scary story

What’s the scariest thing that’s ever happened to you?

in my mid 20’s I gave up driving and began to walk everywhere. thing is I would roam for miles along the side of the highway. one day someone crazier than me, swerved their car right at me on the shoulder. I saw em just at the last minute and jumped out of the way.

also, it’s completely legal to walk along the us highways but I’ve been arrested 3 times doing it. it’s not encouraged, you have to defend your mobility rights

3 Likes

another thing. was off on foot again. and thought I saw a reptilian. looked almost like a man but perfectly still like a mime. that freaked me out pretty good,

but i’d been warned about 2 legged animals by some guy I thought was crazy

1 Like

I had a crazy abusive ex that got pissed when I took an aspirin out of his cabinet without asking and threw me down a flight of stairs and then threw this cement figure thing down after me. It hot me in the head and I have a nasty scar from it. He left me down there unable to get up for a day and a half. I thought I was going to die there.

2 Likes

I stayed up for a week straight in a psych ward. I thought people were trying to kill me. I heard voices from people I knew in the military. They told me to put soap on my face. So I did then they told me it was poison. So I went to the drinking fountain to wash it off. The staff said I couldn’t use the drinking fountain. A couple days later without sleep I thought my pulse stopped. I was running around the psych ward trying to restart my heart. I told them to call 911, but they wouldn’t, luckily for me they didn’t. I did a bunch of stuff like this for a week straight. It was pretty scary.

2 Likes

One depressing morning I got up and looked in the mirror.

2 Likes

When I was 11 I got one of those heavy weights that go on the end of a barbell, started the bath tub and put the weight on my chest. I was calm until the water got inside my nose. I flailed around for what felt like forever before I managed to roll over onto my side and get my head above the water. Fun times.

1 Like

One time I was driving at night through the city i got my drugs from. I had some guy in my car who I knew from smoking crack with him once. Sometimes I didn’t feel like driving my own car so I used to let whoever else was in the car drive for me.

So I let that guy drive and then we picked up some guy I had never seen before. The guy he picked up took an instant dislike to me and he started hassling me. Like I said, I didn’t know the guy and this was late at night in a city that had the highest murder rate in Northern California at the time. Also, I was a white guy in a predominantly black city.

I didn’t say anything back to the guy but he wouldn’t let up. He kept screaming and yelling at me, threatening me. I just got intimidated. Then, the guy said, “Lets just throw him off the bridge.” This was near San Francisco Bay and the bridge he was talking about was called the Dumbarton Bridge.

So the driver got on the last road out of town and then headed out to the deserted bridge. I remember the driver giving me an evil look. Now, I think there was a chance they were only half serious, but neither of them liked me, I was a white guy in a black area, we were all on drugs and there wasn’t a car or any other people within miles of us. I think they really wanted to throw me off the bridge into the bay but at the last minute they changed their minds. We drove back into town.

Epilogue. We dropped the guy who was screaming at me off at his house. We were sitting in the car and the guys neighbor who was also white came up the car. I could tell the two were friends but the black guy just went off on his friend and started threatening and berating him. It was just so out of the blue and he was dead serious and the white guy was just stunned and after a couple of minutes he turned and went back inside.

Now that I think of it, I might have been more scared when I got car-jacked a month later or when I got beaten with a club due to a case of mistaken identity but the bridge story came to mind for some reason.

Actually, probably the scariest thing that happened to me that was worse than all those put together is when I asked a woman I knew back then out on a date to go out to dinner and a movie.

4 Likes

I have had so many. I don’t know how to pick just one. I shared the one that happened when I was teaching. That was scary. Not the worst, but scary. I just didn’t live in a nice place growing up, so I had a lot of bad experiences. The one while I was teaching was the only bad thing that happened outside of my head during adulthood.

1 Like

two years ago when I was in the hospital, (non-mental reasons) a nurse who knew I was schizo-affective came to me with three of her co-workers and said I was a burden on my family and that they were going to kill me and not let me out of the hospital. I’ve been terrified of going back to the hospital ever since. I never told anyone, because they wouldn’t believe me. One nurse in the room who wasn’t paying attention to us came over when I attempted to fight back helped hold me down and sedated me. I don’t know how long I was out. Then I swear that nurse and her friends were pulling some kind of pranks on me, like putting stupid hats or something on me. I could see it, but they kept asking me, “Do you feel anything odd?” Or walk by and snicker at me…all while I was under restraints for trying to what I considered protecting myself.

1 Like

It wasn’t scary to me at the time, but when I was last psychotic and off meds I would go to this cemetery by the highway that’s known to be sort of creepy and I would roam around. I went there alone one night, looking for answers I guess and concrete evidence of the paranormal. I started knocking on the doors of crypts and looking inside, hoping to hear or see something. Nothing. I even recall yelling at them, previously. Then while I was walking back past an old crypt, bats started flying around my head. I said out loud, to be tough “those bats better watch out”, or something around those lines. Then, a very dark shadow came down from the sky and landed behind a gravestone. It moved from behind one grave to the next, moving along 5 or 6 graves, very quickly, where it stopped. I took that as my cue to leave and walked to my car.

I struggled with this for a while when I became well again, feeling like a monster for disrespecting the cemetery and the dead and being a weirdo, but I forgave myself cause I wasn’t in my right mind at the time and was confused about what I was going through.

3 Likes

I scared myself being stupid one night, many years ago I was working a night shift (got off around midnight), and I was listening to my CD player on the way home one night, some reason I decided to listen to the score to the movie The Exorcism of Emily Rose by Christopher Young…needless to say by the time I got home I was scared out of mind and had to run upstairs and turn on every light until I could calm myself back down again. Not the brightest idea I ever had before…

1 Like

Mine was when I was 11 and was sleep walking at the time. I had had these bazaar dreams about going out into the woods. Where we lived was very rural. But I was having these strange dreams about getting lost in the woods and some animal, creature thing trying to chase me. So to my surprise and my parents, apparently I was sleep walking in the woods as I kept leaving the front door open and my dad stayed up to see what I was doing in the night. Because they didn’t believe me when I told them I wasn’t the one leaving the door open. So long story short it was me and I was wondering the woods alone as a child. That’s the scariest thing that’s happened to me. I don’t think I sleep walk anymore, but I’ve been scared it might happen again.

1 Like

Seeing a cougar. Because if they let you see them (they stalk their prey) that generally means you’re moments away from death. I was fine because I was with a group of people, and the cougar was young and looked pretty sick.

For scary hallucinations, once I went into my bathroom and was talking to my mum who was on the toilet, then I walked into the living room and she was sitting on the couch watching tv. So I got that gut fear and panicked because ‘which one is my real mum’. I was young when this happened.

2 Likes

Did you sue? That’s ****ing insane!

1 Like

I took Piracetam while in a pre-psychotic state of mind and went absolutely mental on my poor family. Luckily I only barely bruised my dad, since I have the elbows of an 80-year-old from arthritis, but that was the worst day of my life.

1 Like

Sue? No. I was in love and stupid and terrified for my life. The last thing I was going to do was litigate.

1 Like

My scary stories are connected to my last psychotic break and also connected to the psych Hospital where I was committed.
I don’t want to get into details - too triggering.

3 Likes

My general physician told me once your allergic to wasps. The second time you get stung is worst.
Worst! I almost died the first time.
The scary story. The way I feel everytime I go out to my barn or one of my outbuilding in the summer.
I go arm with a can of wasp spray and a epipen

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.