What's the most impressive meal you can make? Your specialty dinner?

I didn’t start cooking until I was in my early thirties and my husband had a sit down conversation with me about it.

Since then I’ve been trying harder with every meal.

Now I can make all sorts of stuff and am super proud of my progress.

My husband’s specialty meal is definitely stuffed eggplant.

Mine?

Not too sure.

Recently I made some fancy shrimp and grits.

It was easily the most complicated recipe I’ve ever made and it turned out perfectly.

I know, how can something that only lists two ingredients in the name be so difficult?

You’d be surprised.

2 Likes

Eggs and fries :fries::joy:

2 Likes

I can cook a Indian curry from scratch. I learned it on YouTube. Havnt done it in ages though cause it takes a lot of preparation and slaving away at the cooker.

5 Likes

I tried that, turned out the dog liked it :rofl:

3 Likes

I do a mean Baked Alaska using my own homemade sorbets.

4 Likes

I have never attempted a Baked Alaska.

Impressive.

I can make these lace sandwich cookies with Swiss meringue buttercream filling.

They’re heavenly:

7 Likes

Nothing wrong with some proper chips n’ egg, right @Qwerty?

5 Likes

I love egg and chips.

4 Likes

Chicken Marsala :curry:

4 Likes

I can make toast and pasta. I really need to start learning though, i’m going to be moving out soon…

4 Likes

I can make a wicked stir fry too. Easy peasy. :takeout_box:

4 Likes

I can make just about anything if I try, but everyone’s favorite and most requested thing I make is fried chicken. If I add my biscuits and from scratch mashed potatoes, I can guarantee my family will talk about dinner for a week.

12 Likes

Spiced baked beans

4 Likes

Am I invited?

Nomnomnommunchmunch

3 Likes

I like eggs,(ham)and chips , but don’t have it very often. That’s because more often that not the yolk spreads when I crack the egg.

4 Likes

Sure. Dinner’s at 5:30 or so.

4 Likes

I’ll bring the Sparkling Apple juice :apple:

3 Likes

I can’t cook, and I don’t really feel like learning. I do salads, veggie bowls, smoothies.

I can bake really well, though, so anyone who is willing to make dinner, I’ll always bring dessert.

2 Likes

I go through phases. Most recently I’ve been experimenting with American food, but I think my favorite things I make are my coconut curry, my mehshi, and my taco bowls

3 Likes

I don’t have a specialty dinner. I’m not a fan of cooking and, honestly, I find that quick and easy meals often taste as good as more complicated ones. So that’s what I make. I like baking, though.

I’m pretty good at macarons and cakes.

5 Likes