Whats my purpose?

well if I had a child I would try to do a good job raising them…but I don’t. so whats my purpose? just eat drink and be merry? I have a feeling that I will become my work. maybe I can get rich and leave my fortune to close family when I go

2 Likes

It’s different for everyone but it truly is a personal thing. I’ve been many things in life. A brother, a son, a husband, an uncle, a teammate, a workmate etc etc. We all travel a different path but we all have things in common.

I exist. I touch others in life and that isn’t a bad thing. For me it’s all about energy. My decisions impart some energy to others and in the end my bones will return to a state of energy ever so slightly changing the universe just that tiny way.

So I’d say exist. Leave a footprint of kindness or energy to those you know! That is a pretty decent purpose in life!

6 Likes

I believe having kids is a purpose, and then leaving humanity better off than when I got here. Giving more than I take. Somehow.

It’s not obligatory to have kids though.

3 Likes

We all have dreams. Have you spent much time on self reflection? What excites you? What motivates you? What have you always wanted to do, or what would you do, if you could snap your fingers and it would happen?

Life is full of possibilites, and I believe we all have dreams. Maybe we’ve forgotten about them, or pushed them aside to make room for what we “think” we should be doing, or what we’ve come to accept as our “life.” There’s a lot more to it than that.

2 Likes

Sounds like you want to make a positive difference in the world. Maybe sit down and give some hard thought to your options. Maybe take some inventory of what your strengths are and how you can apply them productively.
Probably would be good to look at your weaknesses too for that matter.

There’s a lot of people on this planet who need help, maybe that’s something you can do in some way.

Years ago I used to have $35.00 deducted from my checking account each month and it went to a struggling family in the Honduras through a charity called “The Christian Children Fund”. The family lived in a small house in a rural area and survived by farming a small plot of land and eating their crop and selling the rest.
The charity worked so that the family had my address and they would write a humble letter to me each month thanking me and telling me that the family bought some clothes and necessities and school supply’s for their little girl and bought them food. It was a very rewarding thing to do and made me feel good and the family was so appreciative and sent me pictures of themselves. and kept me informed about how their family was doing.

I did this for more than a year and got to know the family. The problem was I couldn’t do it forever and I was heartbroken when I couldn’t afford to do it anymore and my heart went out to this family when I had to inform them I had to stop. It was tough telling them. But I made a difference in a families life for a year.

Sorry, that I digressed, I haven’t thought about this family in a long time and I just remembered them. But anyways, a volunteer job is one option for you. Maybe look on your cities website; sometimes cities post volunteer jobs that are available on their website.

I think it’s safe to say that you have some kind of knowledge about the world and knowledge about people. Maybe imparting your knowledge to teach other people something you know is you’re calling. Just think outside the box. Maybe giving lectures on schizophrenia to small groups of other people with schizophrenia who are worse off than you. Just some random ideas that popped into my mind. Maybe your experiences in life could help someone else in some capacity.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.