What's an outdated technology that you still use?

We still have a landline phone. It’s not completely the same as it used to be as it operates off the cable modem. But its the same, hanging on the wall, not portable landline style phones that people had for years and years before cell phones/smartphones became commonplace.

Whats an out of date technology you still use?

8 Likes

Physical books is one.

9 Likes

A clock radio alarm.

4 Likes

I still listen to the radio.

3 Likes

All my technology is outdated. If I even have it. :slight_smile:

I use an old-fashioned phone. A fountain pen and paper or postcards. No tv. Cooking on gas rather than electric/induction. Board games rather than computer games.

6 Likes

A Timex wristwatch.

2 Likes

It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

1 Like

I don’t use a radio alarm clock but I use one thats probably from the 80’s or nineties with the annoying “Beep beep beep beep” that goes off until you get so tired of it you hit the snooze button and sleep for 9 minutes and then repeat the process all over again.

6 Likes

Mine’s the same.

1 Like

I still listen to vinyl and cd’s.

5 Likes

My grandma still has a landline and uses encyclopedias lol

5 Likes

A gas stove 15151515

2 Likes

Also a clawfoot shower

2 Likes

I still use a TV set top box from one of 2x main ISPs (Internet Service Providers) to watch TV. My TV subscription package is the lowest tier with no add-on packages except the sports channels. Sports Channels are from 2x main broadcasters both of which have 5x channels from each broadcaster.

This Fall season when my TV contract ends I will be ending TV services from the TV set top box and switching to Streaming TV Internet from an Amazon Fire TV USB-A stick. Other choices could have been Roku, Google Chromecast or Apple TV but I found Amazon Fire TV the most reasonable price.

2 Likes

My cellphone is from 2019

2 Likes

Not a technology but I still make my porridge in a saucepan instead of a microwave. It tastes better.

3 Likes

I like to send cards in the mail :slightly_smiling_face:

I would send letters…. But nobody to send em too :sleepy:

3 Likes

isn’t there a website where you can find people to write letters with? Like penpalworld or something.

2 Likes

Oh, maybe! :thinking:

I’ve never thought about googling it… or about finding a random person to write :sweat_smile:

@lekkerhondje

2 Likes

Xbox 360 controller with AA batteries.

2 Likes