“What would dad do”

i feel if I ever had a child to raise and I came to a tough predicament in raising the child I’d say “what would my dad do in this situation”.

And my dad probably said the same thing about his dad. Maybe it went back a bit. I think I’d make a good parent after some good male role models in my life. And adversity teaching me stuff. I also relate really well with kids. Hopefully my child would say too “what would dad do” when he had children if I had a son and all.

2 Likes

I am so glad I didn’t follow in my father’s footsteps and his methods of raising and disciplining children. I followed my mums methods, she was a Nurse and was so kind. She never used physical methods to punish us at all. She just had to say “wait until your father gets home”.

1 Like

My father is an software engineer and my mom was a dancer A Rockette and later a dance therapist. Both my parents are very kind people. My dad is…a man…who grew up in the sixties so he is what he is but I still respect the way he raised me a lot. He teaches me through wisdom and knowledge and good example. My mom is a very kind caring woman. Like you would want her as your mom too…after you get past your teenage years and early 20s of thinking she babied you too much. Well now you’re (or me) are 29 and you appreciate her a lot.

I think no parent is perfect. But the ways my parents raised me plus some luck in my life means most my major issues occurred young, and then I will (or already have) got past them. Not saying new problems won’t arise but it won’t be as scary as psychosis I don’t think.

1 Like

Sometimes I realize how much more capable my dad was than me. He was a perplexing man.

Your parents sound lovely Gratitude and it is obvious you recognise that and really appreciate them. They sound like great examples of good parenting so I do hope you follow on in your Dad’s footsteps, and your Mum’s too.

1 Like

My dad did this painting that was good enough to be a Kandisky. He didn’t want to be great, though. He wanted to be a family man. That’s the way it was with his generation. They wanted families. Us baby boomers wanted to be great. Very few of us actually were.

2 Likes

Sorry for replying to you so much Sarah I just think you’re real nice and intriguing. Plus you listen with an open mind which is why I keep sending you messages from across the globe lolllll

1 Like

I don’t know about nice @Jonnybegood, Just ask my sister. All mental health sufferers are intriguing, each and everyone of us, That includes you too!

1 Like

My Grandmother had her doctorate in nursing and had such an intelligent way of getting you to think about how you were acting. I miss her dearly

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.