What were you into when you were 13?

i just remembered i used to be into classic rock which the older boys in my boyscout troop listened to. i loved youtube channels like nigahiga and crappy basic cable reruns which was all we had. i thought skateboarders and snowboarders were the coolest thing ever. i was unnaturally talented at art and loved doodling all over my schoolwork. i loved riding my bike to the library and reading and checking out shonen jump manga. i also loved weird al yankovic.

in many ways i was way smarter than i am now.

what did you like/were you like when you were 13?

5 Likes

My strategy is to only think about the future.

7 Likes

Doom metal, fantasy novels and tabletop RPGs :mage:

2 Likes

my mom was really anti videogame so we had to sneak our cousins old gameboy advance at night and play pokemon in the closet.

4 Likes

When I was thirteen I was really into the sport of wrestling. The years I was 13 and 14 were my best years of wrestling. I count the year I was fifteen as the year my schizophrenia kicked in, though no one knew about it for a long time. I kept it to myself. Also, I started self medicating with alcohol. Alcoholism and schizophrenia caused me a lot of misery. My wrestling career ended horribly.

2 Likes

i wrestled for the first time at 13, after school intramural wrestling at the middle school. i wrestled this one african american kid who kept headbutting me. neither of us knew what we were doing at all. we all shared the same pair of ear guards on our team. that was an interesting experience. i came back and wrestled jv my first year of high school, that was the end of my wrestling experience.

I was all about gangsta rap and just hanging out with my friends. That’s also when I starting dipping and smoking, so I guess you could say I was also into nicotine buzzes.

1 Like

Lol kris kross and basketball cards.

2 Likes

I played piano constantly, like obsessively. And I was into classical music and I walked everywhere. I also babysat a lot.

3 Likes

When I was 13…i was 13??? Oh man I forgot!!

1 Like

schizophrenic memory deficit possibly?

1 Like

Or my great amazing (please note sarcasm) wit. I was a boring kid who read books and listened to Simon and garfunkel lol.

2 Likes

AT 13 I was getting into what is now called classic rock and reading. I read the most books between the ages of 13 to 18.

3 Likes

I had my first “boyfriend”…I was all into Eminem…friends and nights out…that’s all that mattered.

2 Likes

Getting in trouble mostly, the beginning of a long and ugly road

2 Likes

I was really into jpop, electronica, anime, makeup, piercings… random stuff.

When I was a bit older I kinda got into the goth scene. More obsessed with it than actually active though. Loved industrial music.

1 Like

I was into the New York Jets, UConn basketball and the New York Yankees

I didn’t even listen to music back then. I listened to rap when I was 12 but I got bullied for it at my school so when I was 13 I stopped listening to music altogether. Then when I was 14 I stopped caring and was obsessed with Tupac. But when I was 13 it was all about sports

1 Like

Electronic dance music, Anime and playing musical instruments after school.

2 Likes

80s pop music and culture lol. Exact same as now. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I’ve had symptoms my whole life,

But around thirteen I settled into the kind of crazy I am now.

So, at this age I was full tilt into my first major obsession:

This obsession spun out some less than desirable effects that I’m still coping with today,

Still a great show, no hard feelings “OZ”.

Also, I switched to a different private school due to some disciplinary issues and started smoking pot.

Weird year for me, for everyone I guess…

:rofl:

1 Like