What were the first arcade games you played?

I remember playing some old games in the arcades, frogger space invaders galaxians defender donkey kong
I guess that makes me ancient
My favourite was probably tron

What were your first games in the arcades?

I ask after getting an rpi and playing some old games on it. Still found donkey kong hard to beat

7 Likes

I remember playing Neo Geo… I think it was Fatal Fury. Some others. Actually I think I played Pit Fighter before that.
I’m really not absolutely sure what my first one was and it may not have been one of those.
I wasnt given money for that stuff before I was 12 or 13 so my first arcade game was probably '92 or '93.

1 Like

I think my first one was donkey kong and pacman.

1 Like

I’m the same as you @fingolfin . But I remember playing pong at an airport. Then after that it’s like you said : space invaders, galaxians etc.

1 Like

Centipede is one of my favorites!
Space invaders, pong, millipede etc…

2 Likes

2 Likes

I think it was Tetris ?

2 Likes

oh yeh how could i forget centipede with it’s roller ball awesome game

1 Like

Never played arcade games , but I remember Donkey dong on a windows 3.1 computer.

1 Like

i think it was duck hunt and supermario, also tetris, i bought a hand held thing when i was young like a cheap gameboy type thing at a market in Spain when i was about 12 and it was ok, i think it was like a spaceship shooter game lol

1 Like

Maybe R-type. A famous shooter for GB. I remmember to play to final Fight arcade and, of course, street fighter 2.

1 Like

Double dragon! Street fighter! Pacman.

2 Likes

What do you guys think of a sz.com competition just for fun, playing old arcade games… is it a bad idea :slight_smile:
It would be something to pass the time. playing old games

1 Like

I remember the first sit down games at the local pub and it was pong ahhaha. I was there to witness it all!

2 Likes

I’m going to show my age. pinball, space invaders, centipede then pacman. I remember pong on the commodore 64.

1 Like

Mine was space Invaders at a bar i was about 12. I should have ran away from them then 25 cents a pop adds up quickly ,that’s where most of my paper route money went.

1 Like

The very first!!! Pong.

In seventh grade in about 1972 me and my friends discovered Pong in a pizza parlor. Actually some computer geek somewhere in the world had already probably made his own primitive game on an early computer but I believe Pong was the first commercial video game. The pizza parlor was downtown, about a 30 minute bike ride away. Me and my two friends used to get up early Saturday mornings and push one of my friends gas lawn mower around our neighborhood and knock on peoples doors and ask if they wanted their lawn mowed for $1.50- $2.00. After we made about $10.00 we would ride our bikes downtown to the pizza parlor, split a small pizza three ways and play a bunch of games of Pong.

I think the next video game that came out was Tank.

2 Likes

Omg Donkey-Kong is like impossible!

Some filmmakers even made a documentary about that. lol. :smile:

I remember playing a lot of the ones you mentioned, Tron, Space Invaders etc. And of course Pac-man!

I used to frequent an arcade when Mortal Combat just came out, and that was all the hype.

Awww the arcade, such good memories :blush:

2 Likes

I’m with you. Also the Atari game console came out. Not that we had one but a friend of the family did and much of my early gaming experience. Things have come a long way since then.

1 Like

Ok now that I think of it I played Arcade games when I would go to birthdays at a rollerskating ring in the area.
So yeah it’s impossible to know for sure but I do remember the Double Dragon games and a really old racing game where you sat in the game and it had a steering wheel and foot pedal. And then there was Maybe I went to some Theme Park with Arcade games earlier than i thought too… you guys have got old synapses firing in my brain.