What was your life like before and after medication?

In my class, we were asked to write about being in the shoes of another person. My brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia but has taken his life. I find it very important to inform people on schizophrenia because you never know who you’ll run into. I don’t know if this is inappropriate to ask and I understand if anyone believes it to be. But what is your life like before and after you started on your meds? I know my brother never wanted to take his and there were constant arguments about them in the house. I do know they affected him where he would eat a lot and he would feel drowsy and just not himself.

I’m not here to be studied.

1 Like

I just want to learn more about schizophrenia. I am very sorry, I thought I could be informed better if asking instead.

There’s a family forum for people that have family members with sz. Go there.

@Puddin, I’d like to encourage you to join our forum for Family and Caregivers that can be found at:

While this is a peer support forum for people with schizophrenia and other closely related psychotic disorders, the Family forum is specifically for people like yourself, who have a loved one they are concerned about.

In order to maintain a supportive atmosphere, we strictly forbid people posting queries for articles, class projects, and the like. Thank you for understanding and respecting that.

Best of luck,

Rhubot
Volunteer Moderator