What Was The First Movie You Saw In a Theater?

I think it was a Transformers cartoon movie that came out in the 80’s.

2 Likes

I love this movie and have it on dvd, love gen 1 transformers.

I think my first movie was Splash with Daryl Hanna and Tom Hanks. I wanted to be a mermaid so badly!

1 Like

I remember that movie!

The earliest movie I remember seeing in the theater was The Empire Strikes Back.

I remember being really scared of Darth Vader. :open_mouth:

1 Like

I remember my parents took us to this dinky little theater where they watched MASH the movie. I spent the night running around the back of the cinema with the local kids. First at the drive through was Star Wars the original…yes I’m that old. It was pretty good and drive ins were so much fun.

2 Likes

I love drive in theaters. I saw Total Recall at the drive in when I was a wee lad haha!

3 Likes

So much fun and they’d always show a crappier movie earlier so you’d get two movies for the night. Intermission you’d go down to the cafe…or run around the cars with the other kids. So cool.

2 Likes

The first movie I remember seeing in a theater is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990). I was 6.

2 Likes

The earliest movie I can remember is the original Mary Poppins movie with Julie Andrews and Dick Van ■■■■. It came out in 1964, so I was 5 years old.

1 Like

Jungle book. I still remember, vaguely. I think i was 5 or 6 or so.

1 Like

Think it was FernGully :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Holes… with Shia Labeuf

Tootsie the corniest movie lol which reveals how old I am!

1 Like

First movie I ever remember watching was the 007 Bond movie, Goldfinger, in 1966 at age six.

1 Like

I think the first movie I saw in a theater was in a drive in theater. The original Star Wars. It came out in 1977 so I wouldve been like 4 years old.

3 Likes

Zombi 2 in 1979. It was for my 4th birthday. My parents weren’t the best when it came to letting a tiny kid chose their birthday movie.

And yes, it started my lifelong obsession with zombies

5 Likes

My dad wasn’t the best at that either; when I was five he took me & my brother to see eight legged freaks. :expressionless: I cried of fear in the cinema lol

2 Likes

Bambi by Disney.

1 Like

I think it was
it was a few years old when I saw it,

Next one I remember was-

2 Likes

A rerun of 2001 a Space Odyssey.

1 Like