Okay. Let's All Show Our Age

What was the first movie you ever saw in a theater?

Me?

It was at a drive-in. MASH and Young Frankenstein double bill. In an actual indoor theater?

Rocky! ADRIANNNN!!!

4 Likes

Probably “Bambi” when I was 6 or 7. Or maybe Mary Poppins. Probably “Bambi”.

2 Likes

I saw both MAS*H and Young Frankenstein. Puttin on the ritz?

2 Likes

I saw E.T drive in theater one the last ones left in the PA in usa " Drive in theater."

1 Like

I bought a VCR for my then girlfriend on her birthday in 1985. I think I paid over $500.00 for it at the time! It’s crazy…you can get them at the Pawn Shop now for 15 bucks.

1 Like

I remember those good Mountain Dew commercials. I also remember the Goonies movie. Also I remember when the first Nintendo system came out when I was a kid.

1 Like

I think my first drive-in movie was some teen movie about cheerleaders. It was pre-brat pack; no angst involved, just a lousy plot, lousy acting and the only memorable thing about it was a two-second shot of a topless cheerleader. But that was very memorable for a 14 year old!

1 Like

I remeber Commodor 64 64c 128k ectra… and Atari 1200 and a few other items.

1 Like

Space Invaders! We we all FASCINATED with that game! Oh my how times have changed.

1 Like

anyone ever remember a Amiga computer ?

I still have an Atari, though it doesn’t work anymore, have a couple dozen games for it.

1 Like

I know a person on ebay that repairs them in canada :slight_smile:

Our first family game unit was called Telstar I think. It had tennis with the paddle lines on each side and the dot in the middle. we played it for hours.

1 Like

I also remember the first sega game system. And I remember Mike Tyson Punch out for the first Nintendo system.

2 Likes

how about colecovision it had paddles and pens and light gun with upgrades.

1 Like
1 Like

Now I definitely feel old an antiquated…

1 Like

My first computer was a 286, and my first modem was 14.4 kbps. I still remember playing Legend of the Red Dragon on BBSes.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what my first movie was. I know I saw Spaceballs in the theater when it came out; I think I was 6 or 7 years old. I found it hilarious even though half of the jokes went over my head. Good old Mel Brooks.

4 Likes

remember the hand-held Electronic Baseball and Football. I had one of those in grade 6…made a ton of friends because of it.

2 Likes