What the @&$! did I do!

I had a telehealth session with my pdoc today and my damn father barged in and convinced my psychiatrist not to get me off the Depakote completely.
He basically said that he was afraid that I’d have mixed state episodes and he told her to keep me on the Depakote.

She basically backed down and told me to take a reduced dose of Depakote.

Initially she was going to take me off the drug completely.

Now I’ll be on a reduced dose of Depakote and an increased dose of risperidone!

She reduced one drug and increased another!

Why did I agree to this mess!

So now I’m on more Risperdal and still on the poisonous drug that’s destroying my liver!

I’m such an idiot!

1 Like

What were you going to go on instead of Depakote? You probably need a mood stabilizer at the end of the day.

2 Likes

what is your diagnosis
/
?

1 Like

I’m sorry your going through this, Wave. It’s hard when your pdoc does not give you what you want. As for destroying your liver, is risperdal so bad? I’m wondering because I’m on it right now.

2 Likes

It sounds more like you’re obsessed with this. My son is only 14 and he has fatty liver and he wasn’t on any med that causes it.

Most fatty liver is a diet and lifestyle thing. You need to address THAT not obsess over a med.

1 Like

I guess she feels that by increasing the risperidone it will help stabilize my moods.

She reluctantly did this.

Oh what a mess!

2 Likes

it was years or two i didnt changed my meds

1 Like

Sounds even worse than before…
But if she was going to get you off depakote, was it still her plan to raise Risperidone to compensate for it?

When It Comes To Medications Everyone Is Different, So Don’t Listen To The Ridicules.

If You Are Worrying About Something In Particular, You Must Have An Important Reason To Worry.

It’s Not An Obsession.

And On That Note. Speak Clearly With Your Team.

If You Must, Write Down What You Are Worried About Before You Go Meet With Them.

And Talk, Openly, Calmly, And With Pure Focus As To Where Your Mind Is. And Your Honest State Of Worry.

It’s Sad That I Feel Like Thus Needs To Be Said.

The World The Way It Is Right Now, I Suppose.

Keep Your Head Up. And Stay Optimistic.

Cautiously, Optimistic.

You Aren’t Being Paranoid @Wave.

You’re Being HUMAN.

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Beat Beam (sleepoptimistic)
:dog: :chipmunk: :dog:

4 Likes

From the article:

Drugs reported to cause fatty liver include total parenteral nutrition, methotrexate (Rheumatrex), griseofulvin (Grifulvin V), tamoxifen (Nolvadex), steroids, valproate (Depakote), and amiodarone (Cordarone).

2 Likes

Thanks @ATARI

Yes it was her plan to raise the risperidone to compensate for the lower Depakote dose @zeno

1 Like

Sorry Off Topic Slightly, @Wave.

Hope Everything Works Out For You.

Patience Is A Virtue!.

Sincerely,

1 Like

I too hope things work out for you and that you get right meds balance that’s best for your health

Don’t let anyone pressurise you into doing something you’re not comfortable with

2 Likes

I may stay at my 3mg risperidone dose and I see her again in a week.
If I’m doing ok on the 500mg dose of Depakote I’ll ask her to reduce it some more until I’m eventually off the Depakote completely.

I refuse to be on it anymore and yes it’s my body and my health.

Thanks @EarthChild

6 Likes

Get off the ■■■■■■■ Depakote altogether whether it’s causing you fatty liver or not…it’s messing with your mental health.

2 Likes

Imjust saying that you’re obsessing over it.

Tbh, I know I’m not supposed to advocate going off any med, but i went off my med myself when my pdoc wouldn’t go along with it. You can tell her that if she doesn’t taper, you will do ityourself and see what she says. Some will finally relent.

1 Like

Yes I understand.
I think she will eventually taper me off completely but she wants to see how I do.

Thanks @ZombieMombie

1 Like

@Wave.

Remember Thus.

Your Body, Belongs To You And No One Else.

Now The Doctors, And Nurses, And Psychologists, Have Studied Much To Be In The Position They Are All In.

And You Have Been In Your Body, And Mind, And Shadow, Since You Were A Baby.

It’s A Complicated Process. And Isn’t Always Easy.

But!, A Little Bit Of Trust, And Patience With The Professionals.

And Your Outspoken, Logical, Brave Voice, Makes All The Difference In The World.

If You Try The Best You Can, The Best You Can Is Good Enough!. :slight_smile:

Sincerely,

2 Likes