What’s a regular mg for abilify?

I’m on 15mg…
What’s the lowest and highest people get put on?

My prescriber said I’m not on a high dose… so I’m just curious what a high dose is considered

1 Like

I was stable on 20mg Abilify for 8 years until I had to stop it due to worsening side effects.

2 Likes

Where I’m living, the pdoc says anything above 20mg only increases side effects, so is pointless, but I’ve heard of people on 30mg abilify in other places…

1 Like

Sorry to hear that… I haven’t had too bad of side effects since being on it (a little over a year)
What are you on now?

1 Like

Ah dang okay… thanks for that info

1 Like

I am on 4mg Risperdal. I was on 80mg Latuda before that. I found Abilify to be the best for negative symptoms. Idk if I should try Rexulti as its similar to Abilify and maybe have the same side effects. My pdr prescribed Rexulti to me but I was too scared to take it so didn’t.

2 Likes

So many side effects with psychiatric/brain meds and sometimes they don’t work for positive symptoms.

1 Like

Abilify recommended dosage is 10mg to 30mg for Sz I believe. I’m on 10mg.

2 Likes

10mg. I read somewhere increasing the dose doesn’t necessarily improve symptoms much at all. It just induces likelihood of side effects. I believe it was a scientific paper.

1 Like

I was on 30mg for around 6 months but I came off of it because it wasn’t helping at all and my positive symptoms were actually worsening while I was on it.

2 Likes

10mg is the minimum and 30mg is the maximum.

I was on 10mg but am doing much better since I raised it to 15mg.

2 Likes

Ah lame, sorry to hear your symptoms were getting worse😕

1 Like

Same… 10mg wasn’t enough for me

1 Like

My past doctor started me on 15mg of Abilify
He didn’t start low and work the dose up.

The highest dose was 27mg but I remained on that dose for a short while because I felt way too activated.

I mainly remained on 15mg and 20mg doses.

1 Like

I’m on 30mg. Anything less doesn’t seem to work

2 Likes