What piece of logic can help you ignore voices

what piece of logic can help u ignore voices

2 Likes

They are not worth listening because they say stupid and bad things, they are only hallucinations they make you waste time, feel bad and do stupid things.

4 Likes

That if your listening to the voices,
They will bother you.

1 Like

are you suggesting that I should just blatantly ignore them…does that work?

1 Like

Yes this is the goal. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Having a cup of coffee at Tim Hortons kind of drowns out the voices by being around other people.

I do this at least once a day.

Distractions like reading a book, listening to music, doing a puzzle etc. helps too.

5 Likes

Ignoring them is like trying to talk scense into a full blown temper tantum two year old- eventually your going to have to pay it some attention.

Instead just kind of ‘observe’ the voices - acknowlede them without emotion, then mentally disconnect from them, this way you starve them of the.attention they so need from you

5 Likes

I like to think of them as just electrical signals in my brain. A misfire of neurons instead of a conscious being putting thoughts in my head. Makes them much easier to tune out. at least for a little while.

4 Likes

Emotionally disconnecting from them is important. Good point!

After that, I did basically ignore them to death. lol

3 Likes

I listen to a lot of music to drown the voices out.

4 Likes

Music and white noise are good for drowning them out. Also focusing on things you can see and feel can help draw attention away from what you’re hearing.

2 Likes

In answer to the topic,
I found after a long time suffering voices, they were just my own random thoughts and out loud conversations, but entirely in my own head.
And that knowing that I decided to take back control of them by reclaiming them all as my own thoughts.
Eventually practicing this logic over days and weeks, it reduced them from being so audible, and i was more able to identify them as my single internal conversations, and thoughts.
As i got healthy again they returned to being normal silent thoughts like when i was healthy.
That logic worked for me.

Mentally healthy people know they have random weird thoughts all the time.
And its completely normal to have thoughts that come and go that are random, and when you are healthy its easy to just dismiss them.

But its a mental health problem when they become audible and seem to you to be coming from other people, or outside yourself. Or messages of special knowledge or special powers etc. Cos thats just not happening, no matter how real you are experiencing them. Theyre still just internal thoughts.

Just to explain clearly the difference.
I did really experience voices and weird stuff when I was mentally ill. (telepathy, mind control, special powers etc.) I lived out those experiences as if they were real. I mean they really happened as far as i was concerned at the time. But they only really happened in my mind. Because my mind was ill and not processing any daily events properly. All its connections were not working properly or orderly like they used to. It had basically half shut down. So i could still do daily things, but it was with a half functioning mental brain capacity. So the weird events only seemed real because my brain wasnt working properly like before when i was mentally healthy. The outside world did not change at all all normal daily things took place. It was Just my own mental state (which was sick and needed medical attention) distorted all those daily events and infact everything because i was mentally ill.

When my brain had the mental illness (psychosis) - the voices sounded separate from me, But when the brain is mentally healthy again, it became obvious it was just my own thoughts - they only seemed separate at the time because the brain was sick, and half functioning.

When the brain isnt functioning properly because its sick, its logical a person could experience some really weird stuff that seems really real. But Its logical that voices would actually be your own thoughts because when you ask healthy people around you if they hear them, they say no - its not normal.
So I would say Its entirely an internal mental experience.

Because my brain wasnt firing properly - I got all sorts of weird symptoms and distortions such as hallucinations, visual and auditory. But the hardest thing to deal with was processing such weird thoughts day after day while your mentally ill, with a mind thats not healthy enough to make sense of them.

Mental illness is a horrible illness to experience, because your mental ability is not at a level healthy enough to work out how to get it healthy again.

But I dont want readers to fret too much.
My experience shows its not a permanent illness like the industry currently tells people.
For recovery I just sleep and rest and ate and drank healthy, Stuff like fruit, veg and water to give my body the nutrients it needs to recover like any illness.

I think for a brain to get back to healthy again it takes a lot of rest - mental rest.

2 normal adult dose headache tablets within recommended intervals worked very well for me in the end.
It relaxed my brain muscle and allowed me to sleep properly. I didnt need to take them for any more than a day and a half for symptoms to go away. - (note this is not medical advice - please consult your doctor).

I hope sharing my experience helps you on your way to recovery also.

3 Likes

I usually think about how they’re just voices, and they can’t actually do anything. But even then, I still have trouble with being convinced by them. I’m young and new to this experience since it’s just starting to pop up for me, so I hope a combination of medication and experience will help me to push through it.

2 Likes

concentrate on other things, take your focus away from your own thoughts

1 Like

Going out for a coffee and being around others is really positive it gives you a break from the four walls

1 Like

My voices mumble and make no sense. I sometimes hear them in machinery and electronics. So, I know they are not real. Whether they are “normal” or not is another matter. But, I know they are not real. I read in some places on the internet that these kind of voices are really paranormal types of activity. That if you hear them you are psychic and clairaudient. Kind of like clairvoyant. I believe that. I was a witch for over 23 years. I might be hearing spirits. It wouldn’t surprise me because I believe my delusions of reference are really spirits communicating with me.

1 Like

No one has figured that one out yet. Medication helps.

1 Like

I have very few interests Nothing wrong with that.

I have a similar theory. After all, no one knows what lies beyond.

Most of my hallucinations are related to some stressor in my life, so sometimes remembering that is enough to get me by.

1 Like