What meditations do you know?

What meditations do you know ?

1 Like

Mantra meditation based on the transcendental meditation.

It works for me. And now that I do yogic breathing for 10 minutes in the morning, my meditation is at a new height. I enjoyed it so much i increased my meditation every day.

1 Like

I do timed breathing meditation and also guided meditations everyday, twice a day. It really helps my mood disorder. Keeps my mood calm and stable. It also helps my cognitive status and enables me to turn down desserts sometimes. I think it helps my piano performance too. I know it has lessened my migraines by a lot. I find the app. www.InsightTimer.com very helpful.

2 Likes

I focus on the moment. If I find my mind wandering, I tap myself and bring myself back to the present reality.

2 Likes

That link looks good. Is it all guided meditations?

No, you can elect to do timed breathing meditation, if you want.

Sometimes I find myself guessing the time. It is a bad habit, I know. Forgetting linear time and space is an art I can’t quite get over. :slight_smile:

1 Like

By timed meditation I mean you set a timer to sound a gong when you begin meditating and a gong goes off again after a certain amount of time has elapsed when you are done meditating.

1 Like

I also do that while I focus on the moment. Helps my attention span and focus.

1 Like

Your method is good too @anon1571434.

1 Like

Yes, I understood. I set a timer on my phone and it goes off at 30 or 20 minutes to order anyway. i close my eyes, but some keep them half closed. That doesn’t work for me. Still time passing nearly always crosses my mind in meditation, does it you?

I do breath meditation, staying with the in-and-out breathing.

1 Like

When I do timed meditation, I try to focus on my belly rising and falling with each of my breaths I take in. With guided meditations, I focus on the narrators voice.

1 Like

i time my mantra with my breath. When I wander, I come back to the breath and the mantra in tandem. It is easier that way.

2 Likes

What you are doing sounds good @labratmat.

1 Like

@labratmat, when you find yourself thinking about the time passing, just say to yourself, “thinking, thinking”, and go back to focusing on your breath or mantra.

2 Likes

Traditional, when you can’t focus use the mantra or pray and when you can, contemplate God.

2 Likes

I used to do dynamic meditation by osho… it triggered my psychosis… i hate meditation now…!!

I request u to try it …to belive it … take care spooky…

2 Likes

My favourite is shamanic journeying meditation

Ommmmmmmmmm…

While rubbing some sacred beads in my hand.

And then… the Third Eye opens !!

I am now able to see people’s auras and also peek underneath girls’ outfits.

But then I wake up and I am alone in my bed again :disappointed:

1 Like