What is your favorite genre of music to listen to?

Sometimes some foreign way out there stuff…such as this Russian acid/psychadelic group

Big fan of European music in general.

If you despise jazz you have poor taste in all walks of life.

I listen to it all…from Johnny Cash to heavy metal. Lately I can’t get Sturgill Simpson off my Spotify, but usually I’m rockin’. right now I’m listening to Reverend Horton Heat. (no, haha, he’s not a true reverend) he’s rockabilly. Dirty rockabilly. haha…

Metal. But I listen to almost anything. But when I’m on Spotify it’s Slipknot, Korn and SOAD.

1 Like

I don’t think I have a favorite genre really. I’m a music lover. Pretty much anyone can find at least one song they like on my phone, I’ve found ha. What genre I prefer to listen to depends on the day!

Classic rock…as evidenced by my new thread. Even though it was well before my time…gotta love it.

Punk is good, soad and korn is good, hippie music also good, i like feist, laura marling, of monsters and men to.

Jazz is good. Pink floyd. The blues is good. Symphony music is cool, sitar music is also good.

I like drumming to, all sorts of drumming, drumming duels, hand drums, world drums, african and cuban drumming songs. Rock drums, jazz drumming, all of it almost.

I dig shamanic chanting as well.

Rolling stones is good, hendrix of course, metallica is good, nirvana is good.

Some hip hop and rap is good, but only if it says something important, like we all know you have money and bitches already, i like the other guys spreading important messages about freeing people and progressing to a better day.

I even tried slipknot once, i listened to “the negative one”. To much to be honest, i couldn’t like that at all.

Violins is great, cello is great, celtic is nice. Flogging molly is wonderful music.

Church music, i hate it, i hate it alot.

So, everything is great, but not super evil ■■■■ or church music. Almost everything is my favorite.

Reggae is good.

Love the white stripes to. Jack can’t write a bad song actually.

Anything, just not super evil ■■■■ or church music.

Bluegrass is cool sometimes to.

Stone temple pilots, good, alice in chains, good.

Beck is good, i like almost everything he has done.

You know who i don’t like though, kiss, i just can’t listen to kiss.

Black sabbath was good.

Mumford and sons is good.

Primus, love me some primus to, les claypool is great in my opinion.

Phish. Oysterhead. The police was a good band.

Yeah, almost anything.

Tim reynolds, gotta have it, dave and tim, need it, it’s good.

Love me some radiohead to.

Cumbia Sonidero
Grupo Kual…Rumba cha cha cha
Alberto Pedraza…

If I have a favorite, I would have to say it is the 60’s vintage rock - Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin. I really like a band called “Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show”. They’re the group that consistently came out with the best music. Their biggest hit was “On the Cover of the Rolling Stone”. It came out around 1975, I think. I’ll listen to any genre, if I’m liking the way they play.

Rocknroll man. Acoustic ala Bob Dylon , The Cashman , Don’t like most new stuff . of all of them ‘the killers’ I like , of the old stuff ; ‘the Beatles’ , ‘the beach boys’. And hell , I do like ‘country’ , there I admit it. And for ‘pop’ no one has touched ‘Abba’ , the best pop band ever. And if ‘hope’ was a category , the honour would go to Bob Marley.

House, EDM, and Dubstep.

10-96

Progressive rock, jazz, jazz fusion, IDM

1 Like

I don’t know what type of music this but I like the electronic jazzy undertones with folk sounds.

Post-punk, gothic rock, doom metal, electronic, mid-west emo, black metal, art rock, shoegaze, drone, punk and I like some classic hip hop and r ‘n’ b (aka not the modern n***a n***a money drugs hoes rubbish)

I like a wide range of music though and would have to say my favourite bands are The Sisters of Mercy, Swans, Kraftwerk, Ghost, Paradise Lost, Tubeway Army, The Birthday Party and Sunny Day Real Estate.

Music helps me relax and focus