What is your eating like when you are in psychosis?

I eat very little with the odd binge. Last time I was sent to hospital and put on a drip cus I wasn’t eating enough. And I had to get my fingers pricked all the time. This is what I miss about not being on medication, is the control over my eating.

4 Likes

Idk man I only eat because I have to.

Which means I don’t eat a lot. Which means a really small amount

I eat dinner and thats about it.

Breakfast too if i have time for it.

Before you bash me on the breakfast thing, i am working on creating more time in the mornings for myself so i can be productive before work for a few hours.

1 Like

Sounds like not much. Do u eat differently, wen u r not in phychosis?

Actually before i was put on medicine I ate normally.

Now that I’m on medication I don’t like to eat. Don’t get me wrong I LIKE to eat, I just DON’T eat

So basically, I eat better when I’m psychotic. I’m not sure why.

1 Like

I used to barely eat before i got sick. During psychosis almost non existant. After zyprexa and invega i gained 100 pounds in 4 months. Now that im on abilify i am back to my normal habits. Eat a little here and there. Fast food sometimes. Snacks sometimes. But im almost never hungry.

2 Likes

its good you were able to switch meds.

1 Like

Yeah. Too bad i didnt have it sooner. Those drugs ruined my body. Its gonna be a long road to get it back to normal. But ive started going to the gym and walking 8k a week.

damm, but at least they kept you sane. I should exercise more but i do try walk for half an hour a day.

1 Like

I hardly eat when I’m fully psychotic.
Everything could be poisoned, so it seems.

2 Likes

I do not think things cud b poisoned wen I am psychotic but I think a man is watching me thru hidden cameras, and disliking me wen I eat

1 Like

When I’m “circling the drain”, so to speak, when it comes to the last few days/weeks before I’m admitted to the hospital, I start to eat very little.
Food starts to taste bad after a few bites, and I become scared of getting food poisoning because the food tastes rotten or moldy even when it’s not.
Then when someone forces me to eat or I give up and binge, I get an intense desire to throw it all up again.

Luckily, this doesn’t happen often.

1 Like

That sounds stressful. I also get a desire to throw up wen I binge.

Do u ever actually throw up what you hav eaten?

If I’m really sick and stressed out, I do.

I’m sorry about that. I hope it gets better.

When I’m in really bad psychosis, my food tastes bland and tasteless to the point where I can’t eat at all.

1 Like

in psychosis i tend to set off the fire alarm

1 Like

When I was in psychosis I was taking lots of Adderall and not eating much. I was pretty thin.

Now I’m taking antipsychotics and weigh 30 pounds more.

1 Like

I hardly eat and I thought “they” were messing with my food so I threw everything out, including the fridge. I would only eat at random places

1 Like

I eat basically nothing :disappointed: it’s hard to force myself to have some food when I get like that.

2 Likes