What is your dream job

My dream job is delivering pizza for Papa John’s. Only if I am not worried about putting miles on my car. It is easy for me because I am laid back……therefore I don’t get in a rush. Also it is easy for me……because I get to listen to music while I am delivering. After you get to know the delivering area, it is easier. What is your dream job?

5 Likes

A meditation teacher.

2 Likes

I want Vana White’s job on Wheel of Fortune…. Just kidding. Sorry I spelled Vana wrong…. Do you spell it like this ftiihgfrr!!! Just kidding

1 Like

I actually had my dream career in I.T. , then I was diagnosed, so that all came to an end.

But I haven’t really touched a computer in about 10 years now. I used to be a computer geek :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I’ve always wished I could be a physician

5 Likes

Working in broadcasting as a producer.

4 Likes

Mathematician i would say

4 Likes

How do you pay your bills??

1 Like

Why would I dream of labor?

Hhrrmm :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

Maybe a forest ranger. I would just putter around an ecosystem taking measurements, and I would also keep an eye on people who abuse wildlife areas and public spaces.

5 Likes

i wish I was still an architect…still bitter about losing my career.

4 Likes

I’ve always wanted to be a doctor. Sadly that is no longer attainable.

4 Likes

I do everything with my phone.

1 Like

Therapist/counselor… also if i could get paid to sleep. .

5 Likes

Being a disability pensioner suits me fine. I would have liked to work with animals in the wild. I seen and read so much about it as a kid.

5 Likes

My dream job I guess was being an independent game developer. I have done game dev a lot but never 100% completed a game as far as I can remember.

It’s a lot of work making a game though, if it’s not a very simple one.

4 Likes

I wish I could do research on psychotic illnesses. It would be awesome to be on the forefront of science and development to combat this illness.

4 Likes

I never could settle on something to do for the rest of my life— the thought was always daunting to me.

Pre-SZ, I’ve seriously considered teaching— either at high school or collegiate levels. I think being a professor would be awesome because of all the research you’d do and writing scholarly things. High school would probs be really fulfilling because you can make a difference in students’ lives and inspire them (well hopefully anyways :sweat_smile:).

Post-psychosis, my career goals now lean towards really making a difference— especially for folks and their loved ones affected by SZ-spectrum disorders. There’s really no real field for Mental Health Law and there’s also so much that can still be done in terms of advocacy and education. Been hemming and hawing over possibly doing a Master’s in Public Health, but it’s usually only when I’m manic and feel like I can take on anything with no roadblocks from this illness.

Ultimately, I’d be happy in a research position geared towards public policy: conducting studies, analysis, writing reports to help push beneficial public programs down the pipeline at the state-level.

6 Likes

I’d like to work for Immigration maybe as a translator or work with refugees

Or maybe a chef or something with linguistics

3 Likes

Maybe a full time teacher although I was a substitute teacher for years

3 Likes