What is your age, and what is your parents age if they are alive?

I’m 25 and my parents are both 63.

If your parents are no longer around, what age were you when they each passed?

I’m just worried about my parents dying. I need their moral support with this illness.

5 Likes

I am 35, my mother is 59 and step father is 67 I think

My dad died in his 30’s

2 Likes

I’m 56 years old. Mom and Dad are 85. Pop is still right as rain, but Mom has memory issues/ dementia.

Mom has always been my Sun…and Dad is my Moon. Dad blamed himself for my schizophrenia, but I told him I won the lottery when I got him and Mom as parents…that it had nothing to do with my upbringing.

5 Likes

I know it feels selfish, but I am the same. Don’t know what I’d do without their support

Literally have no one else I can rely on for help

MH services here are useless to me

3 Likes

I’ve wondered whether my Dad blames himself too because he admitted to my mother he was too hard on me as a teen.

I wish my parents could live to 85. That’s above average by far.

2 Likes

It’s not selfish man.

2 Likes

I’m 39 and my parents are in their late seventies. They got me later in their lives. My oldest siblings are in their early fifties.

5 Likes

Hmmm…

I wonder if there is a correlation between having older parents and getting schizophrenia? Any studies been done on this?

1 Like

I am 33, both my parent are ~65,
When they are gone, I will have a good memory of them.
So trying to make those memory as best it can be.
Because once they leave, I want to make a life “they and I” remember.

3 Likes

I’m 27 and both my parents are 53

4 Likes

My Mom died in 1994, and my Dad died in 2002.

My parents went to their graves believing I would be all right, and so far, I have been all right.

7 Likes

I’m 61. My dad passed away in 2006 when I was 45 and my mom passed 6 years ago when I was 54. My older sister moved to Mexico two years ago and my middle sister is always busy with her boyfriend. So I got nobody.

4 Likes

What about your third sister- assuming you have one because you said older and middle

Older sister, next oldest sister, me.

2 Likes

Having a sense of humor helps!

4 Likes

I’m 60 and both of my parents turn 79 at the end of summer.

2 Likes

Wow, they had you when they were young.

2 Likes

yes, mom had me at 18 and turned 19 about five months later.

3 Likes

My father is 92. My mother died in 2010 at the age of 75. I’m 65.

1 Like

I don’t know, my father died a decade ago. My mother is still alive with over 85 years. I am 53 years old. The generation gap is is around 30 years. My mother is old school. My parents moral support lead me into sz. I would have been better growing older with two stuffed teddybears :bear:.

1 Like