What is the best car brand?

Just trying to hear some more opinions on car brands apart from my brothers and father. I most likely will need an automobile at the end of this year.

Thought of getting a Honda or Mitsubishi, but its influenced by my father who told me that japanese cars are the best. My oldest borther said that Mazda are one of the most reliable cars that almost never need to be repaired for years and years. My other brother drives a BMW but my father thinks its not a good brand.

I’m pretty offended by the idea of a “best” car brand. We should embrace all makes and models equally.

I see what you mean. But we all know unreliable cars and cars that were, compared to those, much better. I just want to hear if you had the pleasure of driving such cars.

I like fords. I always buy fords

2 Likes

Toyota makes a very good car.

@Malvok, I can’t tell if you’re joking.

1 Like

This is the best car, I was told.

1 Like

Honestly… you want style and performance that maintains value… for a decent price…

Toyata/Lexus
Volvo
Honda

(Mazdas, BMWs, Audis, Mercedes are expensive as fuck to repair)

Subarus are good quality that maintain value.

Honestly though a well maintained Volvo is your best bet. Problem is people have so much fun in the damn things finding a decent used one is a chore. but the s80 s60 series were very much like the experience intended in a BMW or Audi… Turbo chargers with wood paneling and leather… power everything… wipers, front, back, and on the headlights…

I buy one of those cars in 2 seconds… they’re only about 2,500 to 4,500 now…

1 Like

If your going to lease it just pay attaintion on the look, if buying, i would say japanes cars last long and they give much less problem.

1 Like

Not Hyundai. Owned a 2002 Hyundai Elantra that was problematic and then traded it on a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe (3.3L) that was even more so. We’re done with Hyundai forever. Our most reliable vehicles tend to be GM or Ford. My 1989 Chevy Astro van that I’m retiring has 390000 km on it. Have just adopted a 1997 Chevy Astro with a body in fantastic shape that only has 200000 km on it. Will post pics once I get the new tires and rims on.

Pixel.

2 Likes

Heheheheh…

Pixel.

I used to drive a Fiat Punto and now a Chevrolet Spark - both are excellent small cars. Ive been driving 11 years

1 Like

I think Lexus is the best

1 Like

Subaru. I will never want another make…

2 Likes

I spent the day cleaning the interior of my new (to me) 1997 Chevy Astro. Friggin’ mice got in there while it was in storage. Been using one of those small Bissell machines to clean the carpet. Takes a while and my arms are sore!

Pixel.

1 Like

Oh my god, I hate my father’s Lexus. Extremely unresponsive brakes, the handling and performance of the car is also poor. I personally like Mercedes the most. Most of the cars look very stylish and performance is only second to BMW according to my experience. A C class Mercedes isn’t that expensive nowadays.

1 Like

Rats moved into the engine of a Ford I used to have. This was while I drove it every day. They apparently partied all night, made a nest, ate snails, and caused $800.00 worth of damage to the wiring.

Yeah, they do that. My plan for Saturday is to pull the dash apart and clean out all of the vents. First time I turned the fan on a bunch of mouse nest crud blew out of the defog vents on the dash. GROSS.

Pixel.

1 Like

So gross! Good thing you know how to do all that! Good luck, and hope it’s just gross and not expensive!

My wife asked me to look into taking her SUV to an auto detailer to get the inside cleaned up next week. Was quoted about $225. Uh, yeah. Scored a Bissell Little Green Pro for $99 and dropped $10 more on cleaning supplies. Going to do both vehicles and come out over $300 ahead. (Plus I have a spot cleaner for other things and future cleanings.)

The only ■■■■■■■ repair I have to deal with right away is the outside door handle snapping off on the RR barn door. Chevy – in their infinite wisdom – didn’t install an inside handle. I have to pop out the left speaker and unlatch the door from the inside, then remove the panel, THEN replace the stupid handle. I’m thinking of drilling an extra hole and leaving a string hanging out in the future if I ever have to pop that stupid latch again.

Pixel.

1 Like

Has anyone here ever had a prius?