What is making me oversleep - haldol or lexapro?

I tend to sleep for 15 hours and this is a big problem cause I miss 2/3rds of life. Ive read that haldol is not that sedating while lexapro makes a person really tired. What do you think, is it AP or an AD?

1 Like

Maybe both. I thought you were going to stop taking the lexapro soon? When I took Haldol I was pretty sleepy all the time. I don’t remember if I was sleepy on lexapro or not.

What are possible side effects of Escitalopram? Headache, nausea, diarrhea, dry mouth, increased sweating, feeling nervous, restless, fatigued, sleepy or having trouble sleeping (insomnia). These will often improve over the first week or two as you continue to take the medication

I am quitting it probably, but im hrsitant as it helps with my anxiety and ocd. But sleepiness all the time is quite bad, especially when i wake up 5pm

1 Like

When do you see your pdoc next? You have some kinks that need to be worked out that they should be able to help you with.

Never heard of Lexapro, but I found Haldol literally just made me feel knocked out mentally all the time. It was a weird kind of sedation, but I don’t recall it having any effect on my sleep.

I was on 10mg for about 8 months

Im on a lower dose - depot. I find it a little better than risperidone towards anxiety. I relapsed on risperidone. Are you not using any anti depressants?

Not at the moment. I was on Sertraline for a while but it had no impact.

Yes, lexapro makes me sleepy. Dont know about haldol

How many hours a day do you sleep.

Depends when u take the dose, i tolerate max 20mg divided dose(10mg in am and 10mg in pm. Only divided dose makes me tolerate it. Once i take the morning dose, i sleep for like 1-2 hours in afternoon