What is it like to have negative symptoms

What is it like to have negative symptoms?

It’s like: wanting to answer your post, but not finding the energy and thinking what’s the point of it all anyway?

Yeah it’s that bad.

5 Likes

it where you want to watch tv but instead you just stare at the wall.

its many things

4 Likes

Sometimes its so bad that I dont get out of bed to drink water if I am thirsty or even hold my pee to not get out of bed.

1 Like

Negative…

2 Likes

Sometimes I don’t have the strenght tu put on my pijama and I go to bed dressed and withot removing my make up

It is like being lifeless, a zombie.

3 Likes

Positive symptoms mean we have things that normal ppl dont have. Negative symptoms mean that we lack things normal ppl have.

7 Likes

Wow is that true? I always wondered where the terminology comes from.

2 Likes

It is kind of metaphysical, on the plane of existence if something exist it is a plus, if something is missing it is a minus.

Yea I read it on medical websites, I will try finding sources.

1 Like

" Positive and negative symptoms are medical terms for two groups of symptoms in schizophrenia. Positive symptoms add. Positive symptoms include hallucinations (sensations that aren’t real), delusions (beliefs that can’t be real), and repetitive movements that are hard to control. Negative symptoms take away."

“Positive symptoms are highly exaggerated ideas, perceptions, or actions that show the person can’t tell what’s real from what isn’t. Here the word “positive” means the presence (rather than absence) of symptoms”

“Negative symptoms refer to an absence or lack of normal mental function involving thinking, behavior, and perception.”

https://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/q-and-a/what-are-positive-and-negative-symptoms#:~:text=Positive%20and%20negative%20symptoms%20are,Negative%20symptoms%20take%20away.

2 Likes

Like walking through mud in fog

1 Like

when you finally get yourself to make a coffee but then you sit there and you dont even drink it.
its like the brain just doesnt want you to do things.
an old forum member surprisedj described it as being covered in wax. just everything slowed

Interesting. Thanks for the clarity.

1 Like

Mmmm let’s say someone says to you “hey want to walk 50 miles over a bed of flaming hot coals up hill barefoot?” Except you feel that way about taking a shower or brushing your teeth.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying. I don’t understand completely what it is like. I’m not saying that everybody did a bad job of explaining it. I understand it a little better now.

This is what it’s like for me. I might suffer from voodoo as well. I only have 20 percent of the energy that healthy people have. My mind is not 100% awake, and also run down from an overload of voices and dumb visions. I feel stressed out in my back, shoulders, neck, head, and arms, almost like being sore from working out. It feels like nervous tension.

What do you mean by “suffering from voodoo” ?

1 Like

imo it feels like, you want to do things, but you cant. and if you force yourself, its worse than if you dont do it in the first place, mentally, emotionally.

its like an invisible cage,

2 Likes