What insturment did you start with

9 Likes

the kazoo 151515

2 Likes

Probably a recorder like most 90’s American school kids. 🤷

But of my choice, I started with the trumpet.

4 Likes

I started with the piano as well. Its been so long since I’ve played anything though maybe I should get back into playing.

3 Likes

1fdfc304ff7bae7b33ec89f56d72bfa0

I started with the flute/recorder. I was in primary school back than, 2/4 years later i had accordeonlessons for 8 years.

3 Likes

My parents didn’t believe in band lessons cuz that money took from their booze and cigarettes.

I started with the Native American Flute and the Didgeridoo later in life. I’m sorta working on the Classical Guitar as well.

3 Likes

It was the only one my teacher could lend me and it was quiet so that I wouldn’t get in in trouble at home for using it. My mom said it was too loud, so I didn’t get to practice much.

2 Likes

I made a “drum” out of a sheet of rubber and a tin can in kindergarten.

2 Likes

Like most kids of every generation since the 50’s, I started with the recorder. But, I never considered that a real instrument. My first real instrument was a piano. My second was a guitar.

3 Likes

maracas lol no really the violin

2 Likes

I never learned the recorder. I was forced to spend 16 weeks learning to play in 4th grade, never figured the stupid thing out. Failed the assignment cause I can’t read music, can’t understand music, etc. My mom talked them into at least.1/2 credit cause I honestly tried to learn and practice, she can account for all the ■■■■■■■■ she did to the school about how some kids have nowhere to blow on a plastic tube for hours a day without being threatened with said tube.

So I got my first B in a class and didn’t get high honor roll because of it.

Fast forward to 7th grade and we had to learn electric keyboard…failed. can’t read music, can’t understand the keys, etc. Teacher took pity on me and decided after saying I’ll take the fail and throw myself off the second story roof, he gave an exemption grade based on medical reasons. (Nobody at school knew of my sz, kids or admin) so he figured instead of making me feel worse, I could instead go google the history of xmas songs the class was supposed to play. So got a C in that class…

Music should not be forced in schools, they should be elective like in high school. I mean, I couldn’t learn German, Spanish, or french, some were required and German was an elective, but at least those are practical! Note, took 1 term of German, teacher said to drop it…so I went into Art B, physical art like basket making, African demon masks, etc. I got an A+.

4 Likes

First experience was a recorder flute when I was a munchkin in school. Later evolved to piano. That gave me my strongest foundation.

Also played guitar and bass. love the bass

3 Likes

I tried the flute as a kid. Later, the cornet. And as a teen I played guitar.

I’m not very skilled when it comes to music, but I’m good with rhytm sticks and the triangle :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Whatever noise you do, it always sounds.

1 Like

Piano :musical_keyboard:
Recorder :musical_score:
Saxophone :saxophone:
Guitar :guitar:

2 Likes

I was introduced to playing an instrument in the 4th grade playing cello for school orchestra…in the seventh grade I started taking banjo lessons…when I was 15 I started playing guitar and I still play both the banjo and guitar, guitar every day…banjo every week or so…I wish I could afford a cello…beautiful instrument…I played in the high school orchestra my senior year. moved up a few seats even though I hadn’t been in an orchestra for three years. makes me happy for the experience of playing with so many violinists and violas and basses in harmony.

1 Like

I was drawn to the guitar. we had a piano in the house growing up but I never played it. I think I started playing at 12 and played about 9 years, I could strum and switch from barr chords to open chords but I never really got into learning scales and getting into fingerstyle riffs. sadly I don’t have time to play anymore, I still own an acoustic/electric guitar I bought a couple years but I haven’t been playing it. when I have time I will start playing again. at the moment im prioritizing my health so working out 2 hours a day instead of playing guitar. I hope to have more free time so I will be able to play again.

2 Likes

Probably drums or harmonica.

2 Likes

Guitar. I wanted to learn strumming to when you say nothing at all by Ryan keating.

1 Like

My parents bought me a mini guitar when I was a little kid. When I grew up I learned the violin and played in orchestras and as a volunteer in nursing homes. I miss it dearly.

2 Likes