What if I'm autistic?

Well in the state of NSW where I live, psychosurgery is banned. It is not allowed by law.

2 Likes

I have never been diagnosed with Asperger’s (it would cost me at least $400) but I attend a monthly Asperger’s support group locally and love it. We are all a bit quirky but enjoy talking about different things without feeling judged.

That sounds like a good idea but needs to be done as soon as possible. I asked my father a few years ago when he was 86 and he was very patchy on the details.

For those who think they might be on the spectrum or are interested in it check out http://wrongplanet.net/forums/

1 Like

Forget the label. If you are functioning well, then I would simply forget the label. If you heading into difficulties, you should seek out psychotherapy or psychiatric treatment just as anyone else would. The label at this point could only be helpful in terms of entitlements, but it sounds like you will not be needing them provided you are able to live independently. It is possible that the label no longer applies.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.