What happened to me?

@tera The here and now needs to be lived at a moderate pace. I try to, but it is all in slow motion.:grinning:

1 Like

@Fellowman no such thing as slow… with your challenges you are doing really well. Don’t worry about the pace. If you move forward, great!! If you take a step back so what! You can move forward again !! I don’t understand there should be no time limits to life. Where are everyone rushing off to anyway?

1 Like

I wonder what percentage of people with sz ever go back to their previous level of functioning?

I have wondered about that a lot in my life.

1 Like

I laid in bed a lot when I was on Haldol. Not so much on Geodon and Seroquel. Have you thought of trying different med’s?

@crimby My psychiatrist reckons I’m doing ok on Abilify and do not want to change my meds. In the past I have tried Risperdal, Clopixol and Olanzapine.

Yes it’s not a race

2 Likes

I was devastated by my divorce for many years too. Even though my husband was a cruel, wife beating abuser. I defined abuse as love due to my upbringing. My father was not only a pedophile but a child beating abuser. I attribute my lifelong psychosis to not only strong genetics, but also the strong environmental factors.

I am sorry to year about your abuse as a child and in your marriage. It is sad how people with mental illness gets abused by bullies and predators. I hope that you are in a safe place now.

1 Like

I am. I live alone in a very secure building. An assisted living center in the Midwestern U.S. I am very happy here. I live with my precious and very loyal and devoted cat.

1 Like

Have you tried geodon or Wellbutrin?? They have helped my negative symptoms a lot!!

Like you I believe my negative symptoms are from years of untreated psychosis…because I didn’t use to have them and they were just growing in severity as time went on. I think my cognitive issues are from that too. I basically have a mild form of dementia now and I’m only 22.

4 Likes

Maybe try Wellbutrin then as an add on to what you’re on now. Neg symptoms are caused by low dopamine so you have to balance that out. The reason why geodon can help is because it raises norepenephrine which can become dopamine, but Wellbutrin straight up raises dopamine so it would give a stronger effect I think.

We have to do what we can with what’s out now until they develop meds for negative symptoms. There are meds already in development for it so life could change drastically for all of us!

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice. I’ll bring up your Wellbutrin suggestion to my psychiatrist on my next visit to him. I have a heart condition and is therefor a little bit carefull of Geodon.

1 Like

I can relate. I was going on the right way going to college to become a graphic artist. I was able to talk to people more and I was active with the girls. That was back in the past…now I tend to isolate myself most of the time. I don’t think I’m going to have a successful life anymore being single and lonely forever with this schizophrenia. I’m not that enthusiastic to get a girlfriend anymore. All my family has there own kids to be proud of except for me…and I always thought girls like big/tall guys. I dunno, might as well accept it.

1 Like