What do you think what would happen to you if you weren't on antipsychotics?

what do you think what would happen to you if you weren’t on antipsychotics?

I do not think much will happen to me. But you never know.

3 Likes

i’d lose some weight. probably hear some voices. which I can deal with. id be able to work some kind of job, but I probably wouldn’t be able to go back to school

5 Likes

I cant sleep and i would have fear and phobia…!!! Hit em up…!!!

1 Like

I know what would happen as I came off them for 2 years.

First I’d be just surviving and barely be able to cope with absolutely anything.

Then I’d lose touch with reality inch by inch. So slowly i wouldn’t realise it’s happening.

Finally if I’m lucky I’d end up in hospital completely bananas.

If I’m unlucky I wouldn’t make it to hospital.

6 Likes

I asked this question to my pdoc and she said I would be in a mental hospital without the meds.

3 Likes

oo, dramatic man. But did you slowly tapered the medicin down to zero? or did you stop and boom psychosis?

1 Like

I didn’t taper. But it took me two years to end up back in hospital. It gets you eventually. It’s just a matter of time.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’d wig out. I’m not totally sure, but likely I’d end up in the psych hospital and become a total mess

2 Likes

Well, what if you take the risk and it goes well. You feel better and happier? Then you could still make the decision to taper it down?

I took the risk. It didn’t go well. I think it rarely goes well.

6 Likes

But if you take the risk by tremendously stop the medication in one time without tapering down than you ask for it. imo

2 Likes

I’d probably still think God was communicating to me through music​. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

haha, if it is good music than it’s not a problem lol

1 Like

I’m finding out lol.
Due to being kicked off low-income insurance and put on work insurance, I haven’t been on meds since October.

Things that other people have mentioned to me: my moods. highly agitated sometimes and though I try to hide it, I guess it shows. memories of psych ward abuses comes back and I get angry inside and bitter. I guess the abilify was kind of helping with that trauma in some way, maybe through the neutralizing of my mood-swings. Paranoia. I question everyone’s motivations now and have to double check my perceptions with normals.

Then there’s the fact that those symptoms are my milder, initial symptoms that come before the 5 day insomnia and the 3 month long delusion that C*A are coming to torture me indefinitely and that my entire family is in danger. I will eventually barricade myself in my house with my cat and turn into a recluse, at which point the police will be dispatched and they will corral me into full ankle, wrist, chest, and thigh restraints for the ambulance guys.
trigger warning, graphic descriptions of California psych wards below

Then, the months long ordeal in the psych wards where things go from dead silent to grown men chasing each other trying to beat each other up while the staff stay in the nurses’ station, shielded by glass, while the rest of us fend for ourselves. Then, I’ll get that trauma back from all the sexual assault attempts and violence and threats of violence on the wards and I’ll lie to get out of the hospital early to escape that situation and find myself back in society, with the meds still not in effect, plus any additional trauma incurred inside the psych wards.

Ugh, sorry my memories are coming back very strongly these past few months. I hate being off meds, it means there’s an increasing chance of being forced back into those psych wards in my city.

4 Likes

Things would be very bad for me. I would feel im not on planet but in some other world. I would wonder around woods and freeze to almost death. Maybe a wolf would bite me. I would walk on car loads and a police would pick me up.

3 Likes

My thoughts would race and I’d start getting more obsessive thoughts, losing touch with reality more and more each day. I’d be fearful and anxious and I wouldn’t be able to sleep. It’d be pretty bad news to say the least.

1 Like

If I weren’t on AP’s, I wouldn’t get a wink of sleep, ever. I would hear constant, nonstop mumbling voices or irritating music hallucinations. I would be constantly paranoid with telepathy and mindreading paranoia. I would think that everyone hated me. I would get grotesque visual hallucinations or hallucinations of shadow men following me. I would get horrific olfactory (smell), hallucinations. I would probably be depressed and sad with possible suicidal ideations, either that or mania. I would probably have delusions of someone or something like snipers or serial killers trying to kill me. God would change and start telling me to kill myself probably.

I’m frequently “noncompliant with medications” (according to pdoc) and it ALWAYS ends up with a visit to the psych ward. I just get paranoid about my meds & food being poisoned and stop swallowing both. I’m trying to stay on meds now since I got a puppy but my provider just dumped me for aggressive thoughts and I may soon find myself out of meds with no one to write new scripts. My future is uncertain…

1 Like

Believe that John Travolta is my father.

4 Likes

I’d be in a group home. I would get extremely paranoid.

2 Likes