What do you think of cab/taxi drivers?

I don’t drive because of schizophrenia, and so get a taxi/cab occasionally if I have to. I don’t want to sound elitist, but the ones I’ve come across seem to be the ‘lower end of normal’.

I was getting back home once , was high and hypomanic and I asked a driver to let me drive us both to home. O.o

1 Like

I’ve heard that about them too. I think it’s because they have a low paying, high stress job. They’ve got to really hustle to make their money. Those kinds of conditions would make any of us foul tempered.

1 Like

I tend to freak them out… but they are usually nice to me.

1 Like

Ok, it’s time to admit I have a problem. I tend to not so much identify the people on here with the profile pictures as the profile pictures on here with the people. In other words I will never be able to meet any of you because I will not be able to get over 1. that you are, in fact, not an otter J, that mouse isn’t animated, and that mistercollie isn’t a dog. I used to have a Sheltie which is like a mini collie so the mistercollie thing would hit me hard.

In other words when you say you freak them out I imagine an otter getting fluffy at people. I don’t know much about otters but I imagine they’re like cats and get poofy when they get emotional. Just think of yourself as a fluffy, happy otter.

2 Likes

“Do unto otters as you would have otters do unto you.”

3 Likes

I have bad experience with cab drivers. They always take the longest road and ask weird questions. The ones in Montreal harass girls sometimes, try yo touch them or ask for phone numbers. I dont know if there was any rape story but i’ve had friends who had weird experiences. Intellectually, I don’t like to judge anyone’s profession but I secretly do because young people have the power to change their life. If an older man woman deives a cab it’s more acceptable in my eyes.

1 Like

What about me, my face isnt always like this.

I like taxi drivers. If im talking to one it means im drunk and need to go home

i’m not a fan but some are ok i think,

I’m not sure what your profile picture is. I know the face but I don’t know what the character you put behind it is.

I don’t think much about them at all. At the end of the day they are a means of getting from A to B.

I don’t. I don’t talk to them because I have nothing to say to them. I don’t know if it bothers them when they drive me 5 miles and I don’t say a word. I’m a good tipper though. So for any taxi drivers reading this: Don’t talk to me and I’ll give you a good tip.

1 Like

If i’m drunk i’ll usally shoot the ■■■■ with them

Uber… its great cheaper… you get to see where the cab is… cars are required to be 2010 or newer… no cash exchange it’s all done digitally… tipping is against corporate policy. Drivers don’t expect it

Uber is pretty sweet

1 Like

Did you that “Uber” spelled backwards is “rebu”?

What’s rebu?..

Nothing much. What’s rebu with you, lol?

1 Like

Nick strikes again

:smile:

1 Like