What do you do in morning when you wake up? whats your rutine

Every morning I generally follow this routine: wake up, take my meds, meditate, take a shower, shave, dress, make coffee, eat breakfast, make my bed and open the blinds, do some stretching, clean up around my apartment if time permits, then pack my bag and go to my morning lecture or lab. If I don’t have a class in the morning then I’ll go for a walk or a run before I shower.

Having and sticking to a routine really helps me start off my day well and better manage my symptoms throughout the day. That and getting a good night’s sleep.

2 Likes

My cognitive symptoms sometimes make it hard to remember all the steps to my routines so I have laminated cards in my bathroom with pictures and descriptions to help me remember.

2 Likes

I usually wake up between 7 and 8am. I check my to do list on my phone then my bladder determines that I get out of bed. Sometimes I have coffee or breakfast but mostly I just shower and get dressed before heading out to do whatever is on the list.

2 Likes

Caffeine :exploding_head:

2 Likes

When I get wake up, I try to make it to the toilet. My arthritis hurts really bad in the morning. Then I take my meds, sit in the living room for awhile until the pain goes down. While in the chair I use my COPD inhaler. Then I eat something, have a cup or two of coffee, and get ready to catch the bus when I am going to my psychiatric clinic. Otherwise I watch tv.

Hey @Bowens. You mentioned on your routine you take vitamin D. Is that the prescription one you take once a week like I got today?

1 Like

I take my morning meds, open my living room blinds, adjust the thermostat, and if it’s not already made and in my thermos, I make a pot of coffee. If I’m hungry, I make breakfast, usually cereal and coffee. Then, I wash my face and brush my hair and teeth. If it’s bath day, I take either a bath or a shower. Then I dress in fresh clothes and perfume. I then sit on one end of my sofa under a lamp and pray. When done with that, I usually read either books, magazines or the internet.

Hit snooze 3 times til 6:15. Get dressed. Have a smoke. Turn on the TV. Brush teeth, wash face, fix hair. Make a cup of coffee. Take benztropine. Relax with coffee and watch news 30 mins before going to work.

1 Like

The first thing I do is take two 200 mg caffeine pills and drink a sauce pan full of green tea.

eat. poop. sleep. repeat.

No, I had a prescription for it but I ran out so I just got my own.

1 Like

Thanks 15151515

1 Like

Fall out of bed. Feed the Bun (if I can catch him flying around the room). Have a wee. Take my am meds. Do my [blocked]and then [blocked]. After that critical issues - phone calls re health, psych services, social services, etc. After that who knows, such a thrill packed fun-filled life I lead, one day I could be pissing on the White House, another tap-dancing at the Kremlin. Or words to that effect. Your mileage may vary.

I have my alarm set for 5 am but I’m usually up before and just waiting to get up. Usually a coffee and some cereal. Morning meds then check the emails, boards and other internet stuff finishing my coffee. Then it’s bad television I’ve recorded and jogging on the spot and other exercise whilst watching bad tv till dad gets up usually around 6-7am. Cook the old boy some breakfast then it’s off to the day.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.