What do you admire most about your mother and father?

What do you admire most about your mother and father?

my mum is so kind hearted and loved me through thick and tin she is part of my soul she has taught me many of lesson she will be a star for all the good will to my family like a wise sherpard my mother looks after us…

my dad is a lion as in he is the strongest man ive ever withnessed…behind the strenght is a true gentle man with his charms and his good looks, he has become my best friend in the journey of life and i tresure it…

i am lucky to have great parents i feel blessed…

4 Likes

I admire my mothers strenght and intelligence. I admired my father’s sense of humor and generosity.

3 Likes

There um… Knowledge i guess… They know cool things i guess. I wasn’t quite as blessed as you.

3 Likes

Their generosity and hard work. Also, despite their older age, being on the top of all current world affairs and being up to date (and using them) with all new tech gadgets (if I have a problem with my computer my dad is a first person to get in touch with…).

1 Like

Their ability to forget (us), and move on (from us). Ok, mustering up positivity now. My fathers insight and intelligence and creativity. My mothers perseverance and resolve. There, I did it.

2 Likes

I read it and thought, man that’s sad. Then you came out of it. Good for you!

I’m not for piling on or holding grudges. But I am frustrated by the continued inability to care for what one has created. Sometimes although you make lemonade out of the lemons, the lemonade is still tart. But, in the spirit of adding my own sugar to that lemonade, I love my parents and always will, and am glad to have culled the best of their traits, while discarding the worst. In short, thanks @Minnii, for helping me stay positive! Whether that is a gift you received from your parents or not, you do it well!

1 Like

My dad was an alcoholic and unmedicated bipolar, my mom is depressed and neurotic. She has a lot of issues and made a lot of mistakes with me, but I still love her, and have forgiven her. As for forgiving my father well, I came to peace with that never really happening. All families are dysfunctional I think, never met one that isn’t. We just learn to overcome the issues ourselves.

Glad you’re more positive :smile:

3 Likes

I admire my father’s open heart and ability to connect deeply with others.

I admire my mother’s strength and determination to keep going. (She sees it, she wants it, she works hard and grinds 'til she owns it. She twirls on her haters. She slays all day, etc.)

I also admire her ability to be honest about her mistakes, and her belief that if you’re sincere about your regret, you work to fix things.

1 Like

Good point. Dysfunction is common. Here’s to forgiveness and to the Phoenix in all of us.

2 Likes

Strong, positive influences!! Good for you @Rhubot!

There was plenty of negative, but this post put me in a good frame of mind and made me think about their strengths :smile_cat:

2 Likes

@Rhubot…go girl

I admire most in my mom is how she treated others. Open doors and a fridge. Trusting. Pet lover. Garden lover. Strong will. She accomplished so much. Had a hard upbringing, but it never made her hard. Do anything for her kids. Learned how to use paper and pen to a typewriter and finally a computer for work. Versatile. My dad he lived by what he said. Beautiful soul. I never was raised by him though.

2 Likes

I admire the fact that my mother did the best she could to raise 6 kids right. I can’t think of anything that I admire in my father except that he tried to instill the importance of saving your money.

1 Like

Despite how difficult it is to deal with someone with endless delusions and hallucinations my parents still put up with me. They are both still loving even though I am hard to understand. They are nearly all I have so I cherish the phone calls they make even when hallucinating hardship from them…

They don’t judge me. Mum is a fierce protector and a soft place to land. Dad is the most courageous person I have ever known, and he can do anything. But ultimately, they are my allies and my primary care givers. I love them and miss them heaps (I live far away from them).

1 Like

My dad functioned at so much higher a level than me. He was an architectural engineer, and he could do things I couldn’t begin to do. He had one grievous fault, though, and it destroyed him. My mom always seemed to exist on a higher plain than me. I viewed her as totally selfless. Now I’m realizing she had some grievous faults too.

I admiremy mums strength and intelligence and sense of humour.
I admire my dads sense of humour.