What do I get my 18 year old son for his birthday?

Usually I have a ton of ideas and no money but I can’t think of anything. He’s working and doesn’t need cash so I’m going to have to think of something. I want it to be special. Help! I need ideas. I’ll be shopping off Amazon most likely.

A Harley Fat Boy. Just kidding. What are his interests?

1 Like

he likes to play video games, he’s teaching himself how to play guitar and speak Japanese. He enjoys computer programming. He’s an introvert.

There’s some really interesting and quirky electronic things on Amazon. Some really good and helpful and not too expensive.

1 Like

oh yeah, like what?

A nice cigar, depending on what he plays games on a gift card for a new game, maybe some nice guitar picks, or a spotify premium gift card? Just throwing out some ideas.

1 Like

I’ll have a look in a bit and see if I can find something interesting.

1 Like

Do you have a max budget?

You can get like big mouse pads really cheap…if he’s a computer person…Maybe something along those lines.

2 Likes

he might like a ‘microbit’ if he doesnt have one, there fun for programming with a blend of hardware. you can make some cool things.

1 Like

or some guitar picks

2 Likes

A telescope, if he has any interest in astronomy. A backpack, along with a guide to America’s wilderness and scenic areas. A bicycle. A LED flashlight. A blue ray dvd player. …

2 Likes

a flashlight is a good idea

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I’m going to get him this as part of his birthday present, it’s kinda a gag, he’s always snacking

6 Likes

then I’m thinking I might get him a harmonica, but I don’t know anything about them.

2 Likes

You can get guitar tuners that play the notes like a harmonica.

Much more authentic than an electric one, and helps you develop an ear for the tuning if he has not got to that yet

2 Likes

Why dont you ask him? Give him a budget and say he can pick what he wants.

1 Like

I like the snack idea. Maybe ask him to write down a list of video games he might want, then pick one from the list. Is he gonna go to college eventually? Maybe a stereo for his dorm or something, if he likes to listen to music

1 Like
2 Likes

My GF got me a slide whistle for my last birthday. Such a fun instrument.classic jokester instrument

At 1:21 is the slide whistle. This video is what made me want one :joy:
2 Likes

An Amazon gift card!

2 Likes