What did you want to be when you were a kid?

I wanted to be a paleontologist (person who studies dinosaurs)

Now I want to be an ornithologist (someone who studies birds)

Birds are dinosaurs.

Some things don’t change much.

I just realized this today.

4 Likes

First I wanted to be a policeman. Then I wanted to be a vetinarian. After that I just figured I’d play it by ear.

1 Like

I wanted to be me.

1 Like

I wanted to be the world. I really had no goal career wise when I was a kid, never once did I think about it, not until I was in high school.

I wanted to be a contortionist in a circus. I even trained for several years but had too many injuries due to an issue with my ligaments. :cry:

when I was a kid I wanted to be a paleontologist, or a baseball player :baseball:

When I was in high school I stopped dreaming

now i dream again

I wanted to be a musician like my mom.

1 Like

I’m glad you can dream again, don’t lose that quality. Not that it’s fully in your control, but still I demand it haha.

I dream, too. I dream of being a poet, an author, a psychologist, a futurist.

1 Like

When I was really young I wanted to be an athlete - a tennis player, a kick-boxer, or a running back. As I got older, I realized my mind was sharper than my body, so I went for something more practical.

I really wanted to be an electrician in the AIr Force. But, being a Jehovah’s Witness altered my life path and for a while I wanted to just be a JW elder & part-time worker.

After multiple career path failures & rejections, I don’t really care anymore for careers. I just want to be a new age “monk”. Celibacy, reclusiveness, meditations. 'Tis all I need.

I wanted to be a hero like Jesus or Superman.

1 Like

I wanted to be a TV host
Then, a librarian.
Guess that being a teacher, if I ever be able to work, unifies both of those.

1 Like

A fireman or a cowboy.

1 Like

I wanted and still do to just die and cut to the chase.

One of the only real advice that my pop gave was “life is about paying taxes and waiting for your turn to die”.

Coming from someone that professed to not to believe in God I thought that was a dark and disturbed way of looking at life, but after living it ? Now I know that he was correct.

But to answer the OP, AL Bundy was and is my idol.

If I couldn’t be an Olympic swimmer then I wanted to be a pro surfer…

there was some time I wanted to be a writer… or an art teacher…

I really love the job I have now…

1 Like

I wanted to be an astronaut in middle school. I thought it would be amazing to step on the moon and be alone with everything in the vastness of the cosmos. I still would love to go to space and know a lot about it. I like astronomy however I don’t like calculus its a double edged sword for me.

Ah! Good thread.
I wanted to be a ballerina. I studied ballet but didn’t like it so I gave up on my dream. Since then I only thought about that again when I was about 25 and wanted to be a doctor, didn’t have the grades for it so I’m studying chinese medicine, it’s close.

I wanted to be a policeman.

I wanted to be a doctor. Then I wanted to be a rapper like my dad. Then I wanted to be comic book artist that worked for Marvel. Then I wanted to become a manga artist. Even though I’m not Japanese. Now I’m back perusing music and hope to turn my stories into movies.

Anything but an addict or someone who has paranoid schizophrenia.

1 Like

Your dads a rapper?