What could possibly make me break the 6 month ban on letting my daughter back in my house?

LICE! That’s right. Her and her boyfriend have lice. They have no money for the treatment, no money for the laundry mat, and no place else to do the treatment even if they got one.

So I took my very last money I had and got them treatments and allowed them in to use the bathroom, which I had almost finished cleaning from the last time they trashed it, and now I’m getting clothes from my closet so they have something clean to change into.

But, I did tell her this doesn’t change everything. I’m just going to help her through this, then she’s back on her own. Of course I’ll get her the second treatment in a week like the directions say to follow through, but she’s not staying here for the week.

1 Like

Please don’t let them give you lice, @Leaf.

2 Likes

Oh boy. 。°。°。°。°。°

1 Like

You’re not going to like what I’m about to say, so I apologise in advance for it.

I don’t think not seeing your daughter for 6 months is going to cure your addiction.

I think you need to get into some group program like narcotics anonymous.

That’s my experience with addiction.

3 Likes

@everhopeful is right. You’re just going to torture yourself. I mean, sure, she needs to take care of herself and not being drugs around you. But daughters need their mothers and the guilt will eat you up.

It’s more feasible to meet her at tge door and requore she have no drugs on her, check if you need to. She can’t come with anyone else.

3 Likes

If narcotics anonymous is a 12-step program, and I’m pretty certain it is, it won’t work for me. The cornerstone of a twelve-step program is giving yourself over to a higher power from what I understand. I don’t believe in a higher power and would feel like a fraud in the room.

There is a plan for me to join group at some point. The time hasn’t come yet. I appreciate your opinion and see wisdom and value in it.

1 Like

Niether do I. But AA got me sober. My “higher power” was just the group.

Anyway, keep it in the back of your mind.

Ok, I hope you have success with it.

3 Likes

You are so right about the guilt. It does a number on me. We don’t have a normal, healthy mother daughter relationship. But I am not going to let a health problem go without treatment. It’s cruel. I called every single agency in town asking if there was any assistance for such a problem before I stepped in. She literally had nowhere to turn.

1 Like

Oh man! You know how your head starts itching when someone says lice? Well, I’ve got that X10.

2 Likes

It’s ok to help your child when they’re in need, even if you feel the need to show tough love. Helping them is the right thing to do.

1 Like

Something’s can’t be controlled.
It’s random and chaos.
Helping sometimes make things worst.
Not helping makes things worst.
This is the paradox.

There is no right thing to do - wrong thing to do.
Cause other variables on the person who need the help are unpredictable.
Not even their fault or choice.

1 Like

This particular child should have come with a set of instructions.

1 Like

When I hear of lice I think of shaved heads sorry

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.