What are your thoughts on the moon?

There’s been times on a New Moon,

just not myself, way off, disorganized thinking.

Full moon doesn’t affect me too much.

3 Likes

We have a verb in Greek: something like moonized if I may say it like that, a verb from the Greek word for moon and it means I get crazy, like lunatic which has luna,the moon

3 Likes

I just think of the moon’s effect on the tides.

Never thought about the moon and mental illness.

1 Like
2 Likes

They say lunatics get the name from lunar “moon”. Maybe it pulls on the brain or something.

I’ve read that a thermometer in direct moonlight will read colder than one just inches away that isnt in direct moonlight. :thinking:

1 Like

I see, therefore it is.

2 Likes

The moon rules a woman’s periods. That’s a lot of power. No wonder there is “lunacy”.

2 Likes

At the school I used to work at, we used to joke that it was a full moon whenever the kids were particularly rambunctious. It frequently was true. I think it was just a coincidence, but a funny one.

4 Likes

My sister is a photographer and swears we never went to the moon. She points out all the flaws in the pictures and says they were all too perfect and that none of the astronauts were photographers.

If we faked it once I could see that but we went to the moon several times. I have seen video of the capsules landing in the ocean.

I think we went to the moon but the moon itself doesn’t hold any special properties for me. I enjoy looking at it sometimes.

4 Likes

what kind of 1961 contraption do you want to believe,

I have my doubts too, but I’m major conspiracy nut.

1 Like

I wanted to be an astronaut. Wasn’t smart enough and now they have retired the space shuttle plus I got sick.

I think the Apollo rockets made it to the moon but that’s just me. I admire the astronauts. I don’t think they were living a lie.

3 Likes

John Glenn went to bat for targets to Congress

no one listened, What if it were your daughter, your mother?

He was a very early person pulling his weight. God bless him.

what’s wrong with her?

I think most is conjecture, maybe myth.

You sound like you take it seriously though.

I used to think the moon was a communication beacon for psychics.

Pretty weird. When I was sick I thought the voices were coming from it and it was like listening in to it all. I used to spend hours outside staring at it.

Luckily now I know better than to believe ■■■■ like that.

3 Likes

My dad says we never went to the moon. He also says that the Earth is flat

3 Likes

I used to stare at Orions Belt in the sky - cos i thought they were gonna “pick me up” one day. Cos i was “special” lol. I get a good view of the moon over the seafront where i live tho - quite haunting.

1 Like

Found this on Full Moons .

In Chinese, there is a moon goddess named chang’e (嫦娥) which is also the name of China’s moon orbiter/mission. Yu-tu (玉兔) or jade rabbit is the rover that has canvas the surface of the moon.

2 Likes

I like the moon, it’s a good sign usually.

1 Like

don’t you love the Harvest Moon? beautiful. Especially when you’re driving.

3 Likes