What are you reading at the moment?

I’m currently reading Seeking Whom He Might Devour, by Fred Vargas.

1 Like

I’m reading your thread.

6 Likes

I can’t read books

Even at University I would just scan the index or use highlighting in PDF’s to find the information I needed

Sometimes I had to read books, but I like short novels like the Time Machine

3 Likes

@Joker At least the books you do read are topnotch.

1 Like

I have written 20,000 words of my own novel, but I doubt it will ever get to see the light of day

Find it really triggering, which is a shame

Maybe one day I will be of sound enough mind/resilience to pick up on it again

3 Likes

I’m reading an IEP guide book. I need to get my kid an IEP soon (they are schizophrenic).

2 Likes

20,000 words is serious business. You might want to consider showing parts of it to people whose judgement you trust, or join a creative writing course.

I got sick of it sitting on my computer, so I posted it on an online community, but there have been no comments or interest as of yet.

It needs some serious work done to it though. I am not happy with the character names for example. I used ancient Roman names as place holders, but not sure if it works with the story

1 Like

I like the idea of Ancient Roman names.

2 Likes

The story plays in my head sometimes, and it’s so visually striking.

Trying to get my head into putting it into a clear structure has been a challenge

My dream job would to be a professional writer, and get these vivid images I have onto the screen.

I have creativity, just no network or means to make it happen

Had a look at the publishing process for books, and to even get considered it seems you need to pay an agent - and that’s even if you find one with the right contacts

There is a world of people fighting for their attention, and I am put off by this process

2 Likes

I am reading a book about the Tudors. I love this period in history. It is my favorite era, next to ancient Egypt and the French Revolution.

3 Likes

Everything, ha.

Keeps the voices out.

:speaking_head::wind_face:

3 Likes

I’m guessing you’ve watched David Starkey’ documentary series.

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t watch films, just writings regarding those time periods. I dunno. Just silly me. I more into the books cause I can read anywhere.

2 Likes

I just finished Wild by nature by Sarah Marquis.

She is an explorer who walks the world! It was good and inspirational, but not a personal insight into her. It is far from a Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance book which i was looking for.

Waiting in the post for my next book “Metahuman” by Chopra.

4 Likes

I have been too tired to read for a long time, but it’s better now.

Can you recommend Sartre? @NotSeksoEmpirico

I have read some of his early essays and think “Nausea” might be something for me.

2 Likes

White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism

The author is Robin DiAngelo

2 Likes

Im reading from a couple concise encyclopedias. Trying to relive the old days of adventuring through the entries, one leading to another and so on. Its too bad I cant find the concise encyclopedia I had years ago that one was the perfect balance of all my interests. Cant remember the name all I know is it was a concise enyclopedia had a hardcover about 800 pages and had a green book jacket

2 Likes

Am just reading my hand this morning I wrote some stuff on it thanks for reminding me…

3 Likes

That’s great! Reading sometimes triggers my voices.

1 Like