What are the early signs of lymes disease

Well either way. Pulled a small tick off me the other day. Have been very tired since. Took a doxycycline yesterday as preventative measure. Felt a painful and disturbed sleep last night. My dad described it as feeling like your blood is crawling when the doxycycline is fighting the disease. Kind of can relate to that. If I get a hernia and lymes in the same week. Well that’s not fair. …

1 Like

I feel nauseous ughhhh.

@jeroenp also takes it…!!! He might have idea…!!!

1 Like

Stage 1: Early localized disease

Symptoms of Lyme disease start one to two weeks after the tick bite. One of the earliest signs is a “bull’s-eye” rash, which is a sign that bacteria are multiplying in the bloodstream. The rash occurs at the site of the tick bite as a central red spot surrounded by a clear spot with an area of redness at the edge. It may be warm to the touch, but it isn’t painful and doesn’t itch. This rash will disappear after four weeks.

The formal name for this rash is erythema migrans. Erythema migrans is said to be characteristic of Lyme disease. However, many people don’t have this symptom. Some people have a rash that is solid red, while people with dark complexions may have a rash that resembles a bruise.
Stage 2: Early disseminated Lyme disease

Early disseminated Lyme disease occurs several weeks after the tick bite. During this stage bacteria are beginning to spread throughout the body. It’s characterized by flu-like symptoms, such as:

chills
fever
enlarged lymph nodes
sore throat
vision changes
fatigue
muscle aches
headaches

During early disseminated Lyme disease you’ll have a general feeling of being unwell. A rash may appear in areas other than the tick bite, and neurological signs such as numbness, tingling, and Bell’s palsy can also occur. This stage of Lyme disease can be complicated by meningitis and cardiac conduction disturbances. The symptoms of stages 1 and 2 can overlap.

2 Likes

Thanks @firemonkey. I don’t think I have it then. But I’m gonna still take another dose of doxycycline as preventative measure. Later today. By doctor recommendation.

2 Likes

Hi another friend in struggle please check this NOW
Dr Richard Horrowitz hes #1 lyme doctor in the world people wait months to see him.

on facebook you can find more info about him and his interesting book

I am on day 3 of my doxycycline treatment one tablet of 100 mg is prescribed to me i hope this will do the trick.
2 days isnt enough for the anti biotic to treat the severe illness. give it 3-4 days to kick in and take a pro biotic with it im using prolardii GR capsules one a day i dont have diarea while taking the antibiotic atm and its protecting my gut and stomach pretty well atm

Please take my words serious. if i react to this anti biotic like minocycline 50 mg it has a positive side but also a negative side. 1, positive side is i will be better for a while atleast and the neg. part i have chronic lyme disease that caused schizophrenia, i dont respond to atypicals i even tried zyprexa, risperidone, geodon, seroquel, Solian, Sulpiride, Clozapine… with no success at all except for a short period on seroquel but it no longer works, only anti biotics it all needs to be investigated by a professional doctor, good luck.

2 Likes

If all atypicals fails, and you respond to certain anti biotics used for infections, then something else is going on with your health!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.