What are some of your favourite paintings from professional artists?

or from a random google search?

just was searching what to paint and this captured my eyes and emotions, i think because it is so serene :’)

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Have you seen Egon Schiele’s work? I love his work, but it can be explicit.

5 Likes

I like some stuff by Jack Vettriano.

3 Likes

I also just joined a group on fb called 'Inspired by Edward Hopper" which has some great stuff on it.

3 Likes

One of my all-time favorite paintings is “The Garden of Earthly Delights” by the 16th century artist Hieronymus Bosch. It’s a triptych, from left to right, the garden of Eden, Earth, portrayed as full of wanton sensuality, and at the right Hell, a harrowing, shocking depiction of the fates dealt out to the damned in hell. As in typical 16th century fashion, no detail is spared. I can’t quite understand why this draws me so deeply, possibly the progression from perfection to putrefaction. Just like our world.

3 Likes

Edvard Munch ‘the scream’

3 Likes

I’ve never really been into art because I was never good at it so I became disinterested in it, but from the artwork I have seen I like this one, blue is my favourite colour. Starry Night by Van Gogh…

3 Likes

I enjoy a lot of Money and Van Gogh’s works.
Monet because they’re so serene and soft, and Van Gogh because they’re vibrant

3 Likes

You have expensive taste :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Haha :sweat_smile: we learned a lot about those two in art school, and their stories fascinate me.
I also love the broad brush strokes of Van Gogh’s paintings, and how although they seem haphazardly placed, they fit perfectly with the rest

3 Likes

I used to have a 12" vinyl blowup of the character. Screamed my desk off!

2 Likes

Oh that is just outstanding. I’ll be checking him out. Thank you

2 Likes

I like Lucian Freud’s work.

1 Like

Yea I’d post what I think is nice but this site is not going to allow it…

I’m a big Gustav Klimt fan.

1 Like

:+1:

3 Likes

Okay, this is a series from a man named Louis Mains, sz, not a professional artist, he loved cats. This is said to show the progression of his sz over time, from mostly realistic, to repeating “violent” outlines. These types of repeating figures are strongly present in sz art, and I myself have observed many cases of it when I was homeless. In my observation, there are a great many sz sza people in the homeless community, but they are too alienated to come out to get assistance.Louis Wain's drawing of cats throughout his descent into schizophrenia

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.