What antidepressant do you take and how it helps?

I have tried numerous antidepressants, Im lexapro + Invega combo, works pretty well. I have tried cymbalta, elavil, wellbutrin, trazadone and trintellix

3 Likes

Fluoxetineā€¦ But I havenĀ“t been taking it recently because I forget to take it in the mornings. IĀ“ve been feeling pretty bad lately, combined with some practical life issuesā€¦ Maybe it has to do to not beeing regular with the adā€¦

1 Like

I did very well for years on seroxat but the last two years Iā€™ve had bad anxiety and depression. I decided to try another antidepressant but Iā€™m no better Iā€™m on duloxetine now but it doesnā€™t do much

1 Like

I take Sertraline (Zoloft), and it has been a total game changer for me

My ruminating negative thoughts are much less, and I donā€™t feel a heavy tension on my head no more

Overall, a lot happier, and way more positive thoughts and thinking pattern

1 Like

I take Wellbutrin. I have taken 100, 150, 300 and now on 450. I donā€™t notice any difference on 450 from 300.

I take Latuda also. I think that helps.

1 Like

Iā€™m on Cymbalta weaning down to go to Prozac. Cymbalta hasnā€™t done anything for a while now, but the pdoc will only change one thing at a time, and thatā€™s whatā€™s going on with why I am still on it.

Nobody will get me to take an antidepressant as of now. Why would I, I have schizophrenia.

I take sertraline and trazadone, but the sertraline has about run its course, been having bad depression last couple weeks, time to see the pdoc, Tuesday

1 Like

My doc says I canā€™t take ADs because I take Clozapine and they would interact in a negative way. My positive symptoms would get worse. Does this sound right? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Celexa 20 mg every morning works wonders for me. I started on it right after my son died of suicide and it worked really well.

3 Likes

Did it give you energy? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

I take Wellbutrin, 300. Saw no results on150, but 300 really helps. Also take Lamictal 100mg.

I have taken Zoloft, Cymbalta, and Prozac before. The only one in that group that helped was Zoloft. I chose Wellbutrin this time for the activating feature and it has really helped my negatives.

It doesnā€™t seem to affect my anxiety at all, which is a downside

1 Like

I used to take celexa now I take mirtazapine

1 Like

Iā€™m taking Cymbalta now and doing well on it. Iā€™m not going to change it. I take 60mg of I think the extended release version.

1 Like

Iā€™m on Clozapine, and i take Venlafaxine and Lithium for Depression. I have no side effects.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been getting good results from Wellbutrin and green tea, which is what they get L-theanine from. I make a whole sauce pan full of green tea with three bags of ā€œUncle Leeā€™sā€ green tea. It helps me.

1 Like

I take bupropion 375 mg, vortioxetine 10 mg and low dose amisulpride. I am fine, but the bliss of honeymoon phase from ā€˜ā€˜bupropion buzzā€™ā€™ is gone after so much time on it. When I started wellbutrin I was wery hyped up. Now I donā€™t get that, but it still brightens mood and couldnā€™t cope with life without it.
Same goes to vortioxetin which is on max. dose regarding enzyme interaction with bupropion, which increases vortioxetine plasma concentrations by 2-fold.

Effexor xr 150mg
I canā€™t take other ssriā€™s as of hypomania.
Iā€™m satisfied.

1 Like

Iā€™m on clozapine and duloxetine .

2 Likes

Clozapine and effexor @GrayBear

2 Likes