How many of you take antidepressants?

I am considering going on Zoloft or prozac in addition to my Latuda and Lyrica. I have been feeling really down at times. Sometimes I feel the need to self medicate which I know is not okay. How many of you take antidepressants with your anti psychotics? If so which antidepressant do you take and does it work well for you?

I’ve been on seroxat eighteen years
It works well it gives motivation and more positive thinking

1 Like

I take sertraline which I think is Zoloft. It has worked fairly well for me.

1 Like

I take Venlafaxine (Effexor), which works very well for my depressed mood. It took 5 different attempts at anti-depressants to find this one that worked. It may be a little trial and error before you find the right one, but hang in there because when you do, you’ll feel so much better.

2 Likes

I take Paxil and Buproprion. I don’t know if they do anything for me or not. When I don’t get them I do suffer a little bit.

I don’t take antipsychotics but do take mirtazapine. I was on sertraline for a while and it made me massively worse (which I didn’t realize) ending with me in hospital, so I don’t recommend self medicating

I take. And I have a good mood. I guess it’s working

Wellbutrin is my friend. Things are challenging as of late and I become suicidal without it.

2 Likes

I take Citalopram and it works.

I take fluoxetine with my risperidone

I take Celexa 30 mgs with my Vraylar 6mg.

Sometimes I feel depressed, especially during our winter, but I try to manage by exercising and riding my bicycle, yesterday I felt depressed and tired of the winter, but today I feel good after my morning bicycle riding. I try not to have any antidepressants, some people say that exercising is the best antidepressant.

I’m on 10 mg of Lexapro and it works very well.

I take 90 mg of Cymbalta. I’m thinking about asking the doctor to increase it. I’m feeling a little depressed.

Sad llamas needs his happy Zoloft

30mg of celexa brought me out of catatonia so it worked well for me

I’m taking sertraline on top of lithium and olanzapine. I had a really bad depressive episode recently which I’m still recovering from, I really needed the AD as I was in a very bad way, but I have to be very careful as I can become manic on ADs, and not in the fun way. However at the moment the sertraline is working for me.

I take Duloxetine (Cymbalta). It works well for my severe depression.

I don’t. It’s never gone very well for me. I’m glad it’s worked for others. It’s just never worked for me.

1 Like

I take Effexor xr and Remeron.I also take many things so I don’t know which works.