Went to the ER today

After switching from zyprexa to seroquel things looked promising in the beginning. I managed to get a little sleep on 50mg seroquel. But then it started to fade. So I upped my dose gradually, and took 100mg seroquel yesterday, still no sleep.

So I had first poor sleep and then 3 days straight with no sleep and am pretty fatigued now. So decided to go to the ER to see if they had anything to offer. The only thing they told me is that I could take 200mg seroquel and recommended that I complain on getting denied seeing a pdoc 4 times. I have a feeling the seroquel won’t work at higher doses, so then I’m only left with going back on zyprexa.

I see my gp on tuesday, but I won’t be able to make it with no sleep till then. It’s ashame. It’s starting to sink in that I might never get off this drug because of the whitdrawal sleep problems.

2 Likes

I’ve been on Seroquel 400 x 2 and Geodon 80 x 2 for over a decade. They’re still keeping me in line.

1 Like

I’m very sensitve to meds. Have been stable on relative low doses like 5-7.5mg zyprexa. Even 100mg seroquel is starting to feel a bit much to me. If I wasn’t so fatigued I might try it one more day, but my gut feeling is I won’t sleep on it.

1 Like

Sorry @Mr_Hope, why did you made a switch?

1 Like

Thanks @anon25523312

I have been struggling to get proper sleep on zyprexa for a few years. Also zyprexa seems to numb my body so I don’t feel when I’m in physical pain. Coming off it now I felt that I was very weak and having problems with stomach and back. It’s possible that zyprexa is giving me a ulcer too. The only thing I can think of is to try the original zyprexa. I’m taking generic now. I find the original is more heavy, so I’m dreading to take it, but it’s possible I can sleep better on it, and maybe also feel different in my body.

1 Like

Maybe cross tappering like some Zyprexa low dose and something else?
I take clozapine

1 Like

I might try that later on. But there aren’t many options since I need something sedating. There’s clozapine and nozinan. Not eager to try them. And Risperdal, but I don’t know if it’s sedating enough.

1 Like

Low dose of clozapine, since you are sensitive could be great…
I tried nozinan also, it’s like bad copy of clozapine, same side effects…
Are you in Europe?

1 Like

I don’t know. I’ll think about it. Yes, in Europe.

1 Like

If you feel like talking pm me any time…:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hope things get better for you. Sorry to hear about the sleep thing. I’m not doing ideally with sleep aswell. :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks @Zoe Hope things improve for both of us.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.