Went to the doctor today

I went to the clinical nurse today she raised the lithium today. She said my body is metabolizing the lithium quickly. I lost more weight. I’m down to 331 pounds.

My mother in law thinks I just need to work harder and stop taking medicine. She said that I need to stop making stuff up.

My partner and I talked about the tasting the poison in food and drinks my mother in law said I need to stop adding things but my partner told her I’ve always had the symptom

6 Likes

Lithium is awesome. You’ll do well by it. I was on 1200mg in the past.

1 Like

Man, it sounds like your mother in law is a really difficult person.

1 Like

Your mother in law is ignorant I’m sorry you’re having to deal with that

1 Like

Listen to your doctors and case manager.
DONT listen your ignorant Mother in Law.
Listen to your Nurse too.

3 Likes

i have been listening to my doctors, nurse and case manager too. its just difficult when even my brother says i need to get off the pills and that my partner is the cause of my problems with my illness. i explained to him i have schizoaffective disorder just like dad. i have symptoms of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder

Don’t listen to your brother.

1 Like

Why are they in your business anyway ? Keep them out of your personal affairs if that is how they act … they are of no help… they are only hurting you…

2 Likes

Yeah I get it. I just have worked hard the last 8 years since I’ve known the in-laws and have gotten sick to change people’s minds about mental illness and they just see it as a way to ridicule me. By the way according to my mother in law I have no reason to be stressed

1 Like

You are in such a toxic environment. I worry about you. You try really hard to do good by these people, and they just seem to reduce your issues to nothing more than an overactive imagination. You don’t deserve that. I am glad you aren’t listening, but it can’t be easy. Stick to your pdoc’s treatment plan, and hang in there. You have a lot of support on this forum.

3 Likes

I’m thankful for all the support. I also have my partner’s support. She puts up with a lot of crap from them too. She needs to get her license back and get insurance on her van. But her license is temporarily suspended till July. I know soon she will have school to worry about three days a week.

She said I inspired her to want to become a nurse at a behavioral health clinic or hospital. Right now she works as a QMA at a nursing home in the Alzheimer’s and dementia unit

1 Like

@cbbrown What’s a QMA?

I like visiting nursing homes, but it is often very sad. The last time I did a visit, I spoke with a woman in her 80s who had developed Parkinson’s. It was quite severe, and she couldn’t walk. Each day, the nursing staff would move her to a chair in her room for a while so she could see out the window. She never left the room. It was difficult to talk to her because I wanted to look her in the eyes as we spoke, but her head was moving around so much… Her mind was fine; her body had just betrayed her.

1 Like

Please refer to previous message and re read as needed… honey you deserve so much more…Us folks that struggle with MI need/should have/deserve our own support crew cheering us on !!!
and there is No more need to work HARD when all you have to do is work SMART…
You are giving these individuals to much of your energy and they don’t deserve it. They are draining you… slowly… surround yourself with people who you can benefit from… who can help you … who can add something to you…
Focus on you …

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.