Went home sick from work today

They don’t need to know that I’m sick in the head. I’m not entirely sure how to describe it, but it’s like besides a little depression I just plain can’t think clearly. I feel like ■■■■.

I was afraid to ask the boss if I could leave, considering how new I am. The guy I was working with, a guy who’s been working there for many years, said I should just tell the boss I need to leave. He said, “■■■■ that, you’re here every day; you’re not like some of these ■■■■■■■ who take a day off every week.” So I was convinced the boss would be ok with it, and he seemed to be. Hell, I tore up my finger with a saw and only missed the one day that I had to miss, came right back to work as soon as I could.

I’m giving up money, won’t have much overtime in next week’s check, so that’s a bummer, but I couldn’t see myself finishing out the day, as shitty as I feel and having so much workday left. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

11 Likes

It’s good that you took a sick day :slight_smile:
It’s good to take care of yourself and give yourself a rest when you need it.

3 Likes

I hope you’re feeling better mentally soon.

2 Likes

I hope you will feel better soon

2 Likes

Everybody needs a break,

And you’ve been going full steam ahead since you got this job.

Six days a week, long hours, and you damn near cut your finger off,

So, try to relax and prepare for work tomorrow and it’ll be better.

3 Likes

Tomorrow will be a different day. Hope you feel better.

1 Like

The guy I was working with today, the one who told me I should feel free to go home sick if I need to, told me he should see about getting me a raise. Apparently I was doing a good job with what I was doing at that moment.

I was putting foam tubing and metal clips on a bent line for the part. There is a certain way it needs to be done, and I was doing it the right way. There was another person doing the same thing, but apparently she wasn’t doing it quite right. She foamed and clipped probably twice as much line as I did in the same amount of time, but I guess this guy was more impressed with the quality of my work than he was with the speed of hers.

So I guess there’s at least one person in my department that likes having me there, that’s the kind of thing I need to hold onto.

8 Likes

Very nice!

A raise is so much more than money,

Its validation.

5 Likes

It must have been good to get all that validation, after worrying about not being as fasts as your coworker. I guess they care about quality over quantity there! I’m happy for you. It sounds like a much nicer work environment than the one you just left.

2 Likes