Was your psychosis drug induced?

I tried out marijuana about the same time that my life went upside down but I am skeptical that the marijuana caused any schizophrenia.

1 Like

Are you me???

Totally the same experience.

My second psychosis wasā€¦ but by Antidepressants.

Probably not the best thing to ask meā€¦
Iā€™m going to go with no. Saying yes would probably have profound ramifications on my grip on reality. So, no. You are you and I am me. Not to suggest you arenā€™t a pleasant person. :wink: We have most likely just had similar people around us through a time where others may have been more beneficial.

1 Like

I wish it was drug induced. That way I would get a lot better and may not need meds if I stop the drugs. Reality is I had symptoms at 16y.o., long before even having alcohol at 18y.o. and marijuana at 21 y.o., I only had marijuana a couple of times in my life and it was after 21y.o., after I had sz symptoms but one thing for sure marijuana made my sz symptoms worse temporarily for a day. But I see it can last longer if you smoke it a lot everyday.

The only drugs I did in my life were alcohol and marijuana but in small amounts both. Marijuana is legal here.

I donā€™t think so. I started having symptoms before I began smoking pot and thatā€™s the only drug that Iā€™ve done that would really cause this kind of thing. Iā€™ve never touched psychedelics or stimulants aside from my prescription. I have no interest in them because I have enough of a bad trip on my own brain chemicals except calling it a trip would imply thereā€™s an end to it. No luck there.

1 Like

I had psychosis before I ever started doing drugs. So I know that wasnā€™t the root cause.

But I do believe that the drugs exasperated the symptoms. They take a toll.

1 Like

Stimulants made it possible for me to stay up longer, and this led to sleep deficits, which after some time resulted in psychosis.

-Albert.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.