Want to try tms

Anyone have stories or reviews? If you’ve had it did it help? What was your experience?

My psychiatrist said its for depression and not for schizophrenia.

I think it helps with schizophrenia too. I know they say it can help with auditory hallucinations.

There is some research on it but its not proven to help and its not used to treat schizophrenia. You can still try it if you want and if your psychiatrist accepts.

TMS supposedly put @Ninjastar’s schizophrenia in remission.

@Ninjastar can you describe your experience?

A lot of schizophrenics have depression, especially the schizo-affective people like myself.

1 Like

Definitely something I’m dealing with. Have you tried it?

I did not have TMS. I had biofeedback, but it did NOT affect my schizophrenia. It cured my OCD.

I asked my doctor. They seem to suggest and push shock therapy because it’s cheaper, easier, and less of a hassle. It also works, and is common. I don’t know if my insurance would cover tms. It’s relatively new.

On a side note, I’ll probably not take Caplyta because of insurance. I have to ask my doctor to literally beg for it.

Plugged in biofeedback? With the machines and everything? I actually received bio feed back from a doctor and it was basically just a guided meditation. Which was kind of irritating.

Yeah plugged into a machine. I did it once a week for 11 years.

Damn. The ■■■■■■■ sucks… I was thinking about actually buying health insurance so I could get tms. What’s your experience with caplyta been like?

1 Like

Got the precription but pharamcy won’t fill because insurance won’t cover it. It’s $1600 a month. The irony is my 9mg vraylar prescription is like $2400 a month.

How is it in terms of your symptoms and quality of life? That’s ■■■■■■■■. Maybe because it’s brand new. I’m on Rexulti which came out around the same time as vraylar and my ssi covers it.

1 Like

I did it for what I figured is negative symptoms. I basically never hear voices anymore or have hallucinations so that is not the reason I did tms.

It leveled out my mood, improved my cognition.
I did 30 treatments
And also have done like 16 maintenance treatments.

Still had low energy most of the time, later learned I also have a circadian rhythm disorder so I do light therapy and melatonin for that. :+1:

Haven’t been to a maintenance treatment because of covid19 since March 05th and I am still very stable. So that’s a good sign.

I usually did maintenance treatments 2 times every 2 weeks then down to 2 times a month then 1 time a month.

Once were allowed back I’ll prob do 1 or 2 treatments every 3 months.

I do it through a university research facility so all treatments are free.

2 Likes

Well I have been hospitalized like 95 percent less on Vraylar.

The Caplyta I mean. If you don’t mind me asking.

I can’t get it filled because of insurance issues. I have to wait for my doctor.

which university research facility? If you don’t mind me asking.