Walked my dog

I knew I wanted to do this someday. We walked around the block today for starters. My dog, Aesop, except for barking at one neighbor, was good on his lead. He did a doodle under someone’s bush, but that was OK. And he peed a few times. Only took us 5-10 minutes. I mostly did it to strengthen the connection I have with Aesop, who’s a very intelligent animal. His vocabulary is greater than I know, and he can point with his nose to the things he needs.

5 Likes

Good going, sounds like you two did a great job going for a walk! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m too afraid to walk my dogs. Great job!!! I know that was hard!!!

2 Likes

Yeah, Aesop is a bit aggressive toward strangers, so I had to be careful. But I stayed calm while he patrolled the neighborhood. Thank you! Good luck with yours!

1 Like

Yeah my last dog was very anxious on the lead.
He would bark at strangers and other dogs.

Good for you @Borath!

1 Like

@Borath
That’s wonderful! I hope you feel productive and reoriented! A walk with your dog can center you. Well done!

1 Like

I’m so glad you are getting out and spending time with your dog. What kind of dog is it? I love his name!

1 Like

He’s a blue heeler, AKA Australian cattle dog. Very smart breed. Thanks for asking!

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.