Voices worse than ever!

Hi, sorry for misleading title my sister stalks me on line.

does anyone know if i should be addressing my sister’s treatment of my mum because of ongoing alcoholism and abuse of my 74 year old mother?

Mum was hit by a car and sustained severe leg injury and surgery… following this was a fall was shock, rib injury, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism and leg strain, all of which she survived

I have been trying to research the causes of mortality and it appears that 25% of people in this age group sustaining this type of accident die within the first year.
mum has been okay now for 9 months.

What can she do to increase her chances against all cause mortality over the next few months / years.

She is being abused by my sister with severe alcohol misuse and abusive tendencies, blaming my mum for her abuse during childhood and becoming worse all the time.

what the hell do i do?
i’m moving an hour away with my husband’s work
I can’t do anything about this.

I want my mum to survive this trauma she was hit by a car infront of me

im really sorry to hear about this tragedy Toshiko…It must be really difficult to go through something like this…hope youre doing okay. I will say a prayer for your family.

1 Like

Thanks Kevon
just being heard is a great thing.

mum will never throw her out to live alone and suicide or overdose etc

There must be a way forward

maybe mom can come over and spend the weekend with you?

1 Like

she doesn’t like staying here… i have taken her in once, but it is difficult to get her to stay here for more than a few hours… maybe she can stay with us in our new place
but she is resistant to it - worries about leaving my sister alone and feels she is a burden or unwelcome by my husband.

so afraid that i am abandoning her moving away like this.

Is there any way to still stay closer to her?

I’ll be staying over up to a couple of times a week
hope to get everything i can do to help in at those times

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.