Visited a Doctor Today

So, I finally visited a doctor today after a year.

She is changing the medications. She emphasized that I have schizoaffective disorder, not schizophrenia-- how can I be a stock trader and function while being schizophrenic, she said?

Also, she is changing the Ziprasidone for a low dose of Haldol. Let’s see what happens.

7 Likes

Haldol is very effective

1 Like

She really said that to you ? Wow what a pdoc lol

Having schizophrenia doesn’t stop me from functioning, but it does add complexity to doing so.

2 Likes

Yeah she did. lol. I don’t know, some people would say, schizoaffective is worse, because it encompasses both, but after conversing with me, she said that.

2 Likes

No one is worse. But to say you cant be sz but sza cause you play the stock market just takes the cake :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

LOL I agree. A new doctor, a new idea…this is what is up these days.

To her credit she has taken 20000 patients for free and is regarded as a top doctor. That is a vast experience.

1 Like

Do you believe you have a mood disorder?

Yeah definitely. I was undiagnosed for the first 5 years, in which period I was having delusions and was suicidal (depression and delusions). At the time of diganosis, I went out for three nights (mania), so definitely there.

Once I told a doctor who had studied from England this, and he said, my illness started after my diagnosis He said I couldn’t carry on in college if I were having delusions and was suicidal. That is why I was looking for someone made in America all the time. lol.

1 Like

Actually, I made the wrong combination. I mixed Abilify with Ziprasidone. The doctor said it is a combination that should not work for some reason or the other.

1 Like

I am on max Ziprasidone with 40mg Latuda - which is also a strange combination but its working for me so I’m not gonna fix it.

I also changed healthcare systems and Doctors recently. Although my chart says SZ, sometimes my care team say schizoaffective which I had to look up. They insist I am depressed.

Oh so they do mix probably. You are doing fine it seems to me. You have had mania?

Schizoaffective - Bipolar entails mania.

No - SZA depressive type

The must mean SZA Manic type for you. So you see a doc once a year?

No, I didn’t want Clozapine, so was mixing medications myself.

It worked for a year. But, it started to stop working, so I visited a doctor. I hope the Haldol makes a difference.

1 Like

Oh wow - i see my pdoc monthly.
My symptoms were getting bad last year so it was trying adding Latuda or go on Clozapine and I don’t want that cause of blood work.

Hope Haldol works out for you.

1 Like

Clozapine is a rough medication.

I used to sleep 12 hours a night on it, plus other side effects.

Oh gosh - i hope i can stay on my current meds.

Doc says Clozapine is the gold standard for SZ. I really don’t want it.

That is what they say.

I am hoping I don’t end up on Clozapine again. I am running out of medications.

There are some like Rexulti, Vraylar, Fanapt, etc I haven’t tried. Apart from them I have tried all the SGAs.

1 Like

Oh wow - I really hope this new combo works out for you.

1 Like

Yes, Thank You. I hope you can avoid the Clozapine and remain on the same medications.

1 Like