Video games?

Does anyone else play video games? What types of games do you like? First memory of gaming?

Yes. Rpgs. Mario on the nes.

3 Likes

I used to play a lot, now I just play sims and 8ball on miniclip :smile:

I was a big final fantasy fan.

Sonic on Sega Saturn

Yes. Started with Sega Genesis as a kid. Kept with PlayStation console series into adulthood, plus gameboy (but let’s be honest, only bought it to play pokemon and nothing else). I play World of Wacraft currently, though I feel it’s going downhill. Tried SWTOR and that was a nice one, but didn’t have the “big world to explore” feel, felt more like a single player.

1 Like

Yep. Wouldn’t call myself a “gamer” per say but have a long history of gaming.

First memory of gaming? Watching my dad and older brother play Atari games. Then it was our first PC, a Tandy that we played King’s Quest as a family on. NES…didn’t have a lot of games but we were contantly borrowing from one of my brother’s friends. My favorite PC games early on was the Monkey Island series, I also took a liking to flight simulators. Played Doom and I think the first Quake, Duke Nuk’em.

My favorite game series of all time is Sid Meyer’s Civilization, played that since the first on came out. My school actually had a class based entirely on playing civ and I’m like, the expert, which they of course have to instill extra ego beatings for. I apparently had no place at such a fine, stuffed up institution.

I got into the Elder Scrolls series through a friend who introduced me to Skyrim, currently playing Oblivion. But Civ V can still occupy my mind for an entire day sometimes.

2 Likes

BATTLETOADS

Never knew what the hell was going on, but it was entertaining.

3 Likes

yuppers… mainly xbox stuff… have played most of classics… and some PC games…

RTS = probably AoE 2/3
RPG = Chrono Trigger
FPS = Halo
TPS = Gears
Modern RPG = Mass effect 2
of course the Bethesda stuff…

Those would be the best across the categories I know…

as far as puzzlers go puyo puyo pop… or here in the states it was Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine… its a good one… simple and 2p speed increases… getting combos and crap drop stones in the opponents play field… the only way to clear them out it is to make a connection of three beans of any color in any non-diagonal arrangement adjacent to them… kind of a pain… but they never become “active” like in supa pizzle fizzle…

(2D beat them up: STREETS OF RAAAAAAAAGE)

Yes I currently plan an mmorpg called Dark Age of Camelot. Been playing that for a loooong time. I was brought up on video games, Duke Nukem, and Prince of Persia on the computer, Mortal Kombat on NES, I learned to drive playing Nigel Mansel’s formula 1 on NES. I love video games. Anytime I have to learn a new computer system for work I think of it as a video game, it makes me learn the system a lot faster.

1 Like

My first video games were the NES with Mario and Contra.

My first experience with PC games were Star Wars X Wing flight sims on my friends 486 33mhz desktop. That was fun, played those when I got my own PC.

I am also a Final Fantasy fan. I am currently playing FFXIV the mmo.

ah work with computers eh? Jealous…

what kind of line of work?

just admin work but sometimes I have to learn new computer sytems. I don’t work in IT or anything interesting. No need to be jealous, my work is very boring :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I started playing video games on an intellivision, if you know what that is. I am surprised nobody mentioned Zelda. That is my favorite series of games.

I helped my brother beat Ocarina of Time when we were kids. Then got Epona’s song stuck in my head for a week lol.

1 Like

first memory…
sjees thats a while ago.

played pong on a atari in the 80`s

Dragon age inquisition is my current favorite on my 3rd character. Ive played all the final fantasys up to 13. Elder scrolls is always good. Has anyone beat oregon trail?

Only once. But that’s because when we played it in school, I named everyone after classmates that I didn’t like, and then reveled in their deaths.

Chelsea died of a snakebite.
Good, that â– â– â– â– â–  made fun of me during recess.

Not that I was a bitter child or anything.

1 Like

I use to play video games all the time, but my brother sold all my games including my special edition arc the lad playstation one set that I paid over a hundred bucks for. I love rpgs I still play on my phone sometimes,

Grew up on tetris, mortal kombat (Gameboy) and Battle Chess (DOS PC).

My fave games since I got sick have been Killzone (Ps2), COD (PC/xbox one), and the latest, that Castle Wolfenstein game, Wolfenstein: The New Order (xbox one). It triggers some paranoia, so I don’t play too often, to be honest.

I like shooters, action games, and candy crush. Just kidding, no candy crush. lol, although I was hooked on this facebook game called criminal case for a while (my guilty pleasure), but that was more like timed action

I like strategy games and fighting games. Looking forward to getting xcom 2

used to play. gave it up in november 2015. sometimes i miss it.

On the Nintendo 64 I like BattleToads. On the PS2 I like Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick.

Great! Now I want to play it again!

ETA: It might be go-time for me! I’m going to ask for this for my birthday. Somebody is going to have to tell me that the deadites aren’t real for psychosis purposes.