Video Game Thread 6.0

@Aziz You said you wanted small maps. They have face off 6v6 on gunfight maps for a time. Its badass.

2 Likes

Yea its bad ass, I played Game Show, its intense with 6vs6.

2 Likes

You mean PS5? 161515

1 Like

I got to Silver by beating someone ranked 53rd in the world. He was Birdie, I was F.A.N.G., I managed to juggle him with my super and basically retired from ranked after beating him. Best 1 on 1 gaming match in any fighting game for me.

1v1 Smash Ultimate is pretty good.

2 Likes

i am all for handheld gaming. the only thing is that the ones out now are using laptop cpus with integrated graphics. it is impressive that that even can fit in such a small device but is way less powerful than desktop or even gaming laptop (still pretty impressive that it can run pretty much any game, even tho at lower resolution and settings, but not a big deal on a 7” screen. i think itll be a long time until u can get desktop or laptop like performance in a handheld device especially considering gaming laptops components near 200w and u cant really get good performance unless the ac adapter is plugged in due to the performance being limited by the low wattage battery

1 Like

I’m not counting on building a new gaming PC until video card companies successfully produce cards with 0 crypto mining ability… with no possibility to hack them higher.

1 Like

68% of people game daily

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

I finished levelling up lmgs in cod. I keep thinking I might go for dark matter camo for mastery of all weapons, but thatss silly becauuse theres several guns no wayy im going for mastery on. So, I will just do some few for regular camos

2 Likes

Do you think theres still alot of gamer embarassment? I asked some random young people about gaming and they acted as if they had no idea about it.

I don’t think thats possible. I try to set reasonable goals. I’m not going to buy a card until I can get it for MSRP. I’m also not updating my computer for a while because of this. Saves me from buying new video games because my computer can’t play them. Its unfortunate but you gotta see the good in the bad, and it lets me feel much less impulsiveness about my gaming hobby.

1 Like

I bought a game on PC recently called Backbone. Its an indie game where you are a detective. I played the free demo a year ago and it looked promising. But the full game, not so much.

It made me so angry. Its a story game, but the story is absolutely terrible. Nothing gets resolved at the end, and our main character dies achieving nothing. He doesn’t even die in a heroic way, just all of sudden - thats the end. It just feels like a bunch of different idea mangled together.

I genuinely think they ran out of money and just had to cut the story in half so they could publish something. It took them 5 years to make a 4 hour game with a terrible story, and barely any gameplay (the only puzzles are in the first chapter).

3 Likes

I also bought No More Heroes 1 + 2. Never played the first one, but its proving just as good as the second one to be honest. The dialogue is so gripping and the combat is really fun. Just wish they could have bothered to include some PC upgrades. Like better textures, higher quality sound etc. But meh. At least I can play it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use steam’s refund policy frequently when I find a game I’m not gonna end up playing much.

1 Like
1 Like

I do too, but I believe it needs to played for less than 2 hours, and it took me about 3.5 hours to finish.

1 Like

I wouldn’t refund a game I finished, if I knew it was short ahead of time at least.

Still I understand that you’d wish you’d be satisfied at the end of a game.

1 Like

I don’t normally either as it feels like taking advantage, but I was so pissed off by this. It took me like all of yesterday to stop feeling angry about it.

Like the free demo has all these gameplay elements, that are not continued in the full game. In the full game you just press “interact” a lot and things solve themselves. In the demo there were puzzles and stealth sections.
So then I was like “ah well, maybe the focus is on the story” but then nothing gets resolved at the end of the story, so it isn’t good in that department either…

I just regret buying it. I’ve been enjoying seeing other people complain about the game on reddit and on steam forums. Its nice that I’m not the only one who can see it’s blatant flaws.

1 Like
1 Like