Video Game Thread 6.0

2 Likes

Got a win my first match of fireteam elim today. Guess it was a lucky team since none since.

Far Cry 6 looks interesting.

1 Like

I played alot of 1-4 far cry and got burntout. It once was about mutants, like doom.

I just got all the Saints Row games for 35 bucks, including 3 remastered and 4 re-elected. Gonna boot up the original tonight. 15 years old and still one hell of a great game. I hope Microsoft never stops supporting old games, because we all know Sony is ready to axe the PS3 store pretty soon and say bye bye to all old games.

3 Likes

Im all for it, man. Never was into saints row, must have played the bad one.

1 Like

2 was the best, but I played 1 2 and 3 and I loved the music on the radio stations, even have the soundtrack for the third one on my phone.

1 Like

Bought all the serious sam editions including BFE for the VR. Controls bit clunky until you adjust it, cos i dont get on with the click and teleport feature - but its worth wasting a couple of hours over.

Not played Halflife : Alyx for a while either.

The steam VR app seems a bit screwed after the last update as well. Ive had to run it twice, cos it bombs out first time.

2 Likes

I love Serious Sam! I wish it was backwards compatible so I could play it on the Series X. I have all three of the first person ones but no Xbox 360 to play it on.

2 Likes

Yeah its a good game to play, when you dont wanna think too much. Only got it cos it was on offer and was intrigued how they implemented the VR. Played it on and off for years myself.

2 Likes

Those self-destruct enemies who scream constantly are hilarious.

I didn’t know they had any VR titles. I’ve never even tried VR before.

3 Likes

Oh yeah - the ones with bombs for heads lol. They seemed to have screwed up the audio on the headset tho - cos you cant tell what direction they are coming from.

If you can afford it and have a gaming pc, look up the Oculus Rift S - they come down dramatically in price lately due to the Android version of the Quest 2 coming out. I refuse to buy one tho - cos it has to be tied to facebook account, and if you account gets shut down your knackered.

Last time i looked Rift S’s were going for 5 months interest free installments on amazon.

2 Likes

I played Mirrors Edge Catalyst earlier, its included with pc gamepass. Was fun. Used to play the first Mirrors Edge back in 2009.

1 Like
2 Likes

That’s fair. It’s Nintendo’s ■■■■, like it or not.

2 Likes

So I guess the only option is to pay 100$ plus per cartridge on ebay? They don’t get any of that money either.

For example, if (more like when) they ever shut down PS3’s digital store, pirates will be the only people left who have access to the games. I mean if you’re gonna say no to piracy, at least give people a way to buy the games legally.

I think SNES Classic should have its own online store where you can buy the ROMS legally. I have no problem paying reasonable prices for old games, I just want them preserved so I don’t lose legal access to them.

2 Likes

I used to play that game. I got to Super Bronze with Ryu before I quit.

These days I’m playing Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Halo 5, and Go.

I have still yet to get to elite smash in SSBU. I just got to Plat 3 in halo 5 trying to get to Diamond, and just got to 7kyu on OGS.

2 Likes

Iv decided. I think I’m gonna buy the PlayStation 4

5 Likes