Video Game Thread 6.0

Yea they dominate the CPU market too now.

I activated and preloaded Assassin’s Creed Valhalla yesterday but can’t play until its out, 10 Nov.

1 Like

The ac game is like crysis all over again it seems lol, will you try running it at 4k? Or maybe just medium settings at 4k.

1 Like

I think I will run it at 4K and bring down some ultra settings like clouds and AA. I read that disabling volumetric clouds alone boosts fps by 20%.
Currently getting 67fps in Odyssey 4K everything max except AA and volumetric clouds on off.
There is guids to optimize games.

1 Like

Ok, I think turning down shadows helps too, I never knew there were guides, awesome Ill have to check these out.

1 Like

Yea the guides I used are on Youtube but there is websites too.

Anybody here play Destiny 2 on Xbox? Hit me up if you do. I’ll be on Series X but it’s compatible with players who are still using Xbox One.

Otherwise we can play Call of Duty Cold War in a few days, I know y’all are getting that.

3 Likes

I was playing d2 on pc, the free version, I really liked it, I played a little destiny 1 on ps4 years ago. And that’s exciting you get your xbsx tomorrow!!

1 Like

Yeah I’m super excited.

Most of the free to play content is getting vaulted to make room for the new expansion. I’m really against the idea, I just wish they kept all the content accessible. Their excuse is that it takes too long to update the game when its file size is too big.

However the Xbox Game Pass service allows access to all of the paid Destiny 2 expansions including the one launching tomorrow. A lot of people have signed up for game pass, it’s doing very well, and it lets you access a huge library of PC and Android Phone games as well as Xbox ones.

You’re gonna have Cold War on PC right? We can cross play when it comes out. I played with Aziz and we did pretty well.

2 Likes

Oh ok, yeah I heard a streamer talking about the new expansion, I really like destiny graphics and the world and story. Yes I’ll prob get cold war on cyber Monday if it’s on sale, if not I’ll still get it. I’m also excited for halo infinite.

1 Like

I don’t know when Infinite will be out, hopefully it will be good.

Yeah Destiny is super fun if you like playing with other people. It’s got great co-op and PVP. My favorite part of it is that you can play tough co-op content against computer controlled enemies and earn really powerful weapons. Then you can turn around and use those weapons against other players in the PVP mode. It’s a fun mix of the two.

People online are far too harsh when reviewing video games. Metacritic has an 87/100 professional score for Destiny 2 but a 4.4/10 user score. The main complaint is “it’s the same as Destiny 1.” or “It’s too short.” It is pretty similar to the previous Destiny, but Madden and Call of Duty already do a similar thing. As far as it being too short, that’s just the story missions. There’s also bounties, special strike missions, hard versions of those missions, dungeons, free exploration, and raids. It’s basically an MMORPG and a FPS mixed into one.

1 Like

I just played a AC Valhalla, I exactly averaged 60 fps at 4K in the benchmark with AA on off and volumetric clouds on lowest setting (medium), everything else on maximum. Yay!

3 Likes

Nice, is it fun? I haven’t played ac since the second one lol. Oh I bet it looks good in 4k.

2 Likes

I just ran the benchmark and went through the beginning story, its a kid among vikings.

1 Like

I played AC Valhalla for an hour after that.

2 Likes

Xbox Series X 1515151515

I might get ac valhalla, it looks fun. And did the xbox series x come out today? Anyone who got it how is it?

2 Likes

Here you have to take an apt by phone to go to EB Games (GameStop in the US). You can’t just go there. And online there is specific hours to be able to buy, 12pm, 3pm and 9pm. My friend tried to buy an Xbox from Walmart and their website crashed from too much ppl lol

2 Likes

My UPS delivery got delayed until November 16th so I won’t see my Series X until then.

I have a second one coming in but it’s second hand ebay so might be awhile.

Really ticked off since lots of people are getting theirs today. Why Best Buy decided to ship mine from Georgia I’ll never understand. Will file formal complaint after receiving it.

Edit: Looks like the Best Buy site lists it as arriving Friday now. Friday or monday, either one I guess. I’ll just be happy when it comes in.

3 Likes