Video Game Thread 6.0

I once had a row with gamestop due to their preorder policy. I paid extra for a game to arrive guaranteed on release day, but it didn’t come. They said they have no control over the post once it gets shipped, which I said is fine, but the term “guarantee” is a strong word to use in a policy. I hate being like that, but one of my peeves is when retailers use absolutes, when having worked retail for a good many years nothing is absolute. The word guaranteed should never be in a retailer’s vocabulary.

Its good you got yours from Best Buy, a lot of people who got them from Amazon have to wait through December. Amazon is horrible at over estimating their allocated stock.

Do you have any games preordered?

3 Likes

Tracking hasn’t updated in two days on my Series X.

Really disappointed.

I have black ops and destiny 2 pre ordered, playing destiny on its Xbox One version and will probably start Cold War on One as well due to the late delivery of my series x. I’m also getting CyberPunk but that’s a One game. I have Watchdogs Legion but I find it unbearably boring.

2 Likes

I thought the second Watchdogs was semi boring. At first it’s interesting but then it feels like the same old thing though just different locations and contexts. Imho.

1 Like

Bought WatchDogs Legion from Epic games, and the bloody thing kept asking me for a key.

So soon as the refunds processed - Ill buy it direct off ubisoft. Havent even really completed watchdogs 2, but i just want to gloat over the fancy graphics! lol :smiley:

2 Likes

You were totally in the right. I suspect if you had pushed it further they would have had refund you and change their policy. A guarantee isn’t a projected estimate so they were wrong to use that word if they can’t guarantee it.

Currently obsessed with assasins creed valhalla. That is all.

Has anyone else seen the videos of xbox sx and ps5 problems? Some of them are fake it seems. I think when it all calms down I might cross over from ps to team xbox for more causal gaming vs pc intense land.

2 Likes

I just got Zelda/ BOTW yesterday.

Pretty awesome game I must admit

4 Likes

@Aziz the last 2 nvidia driver updates have ruined my pc, it started with blurry mw, I just played today and the shadows and water are all really pixelated, one of my other games is unplayable now, I’ve tried installing older drivers and resetting all the graphics settings and it’s just bad. Should I just save up and get amd? Has anyone else had a problem with nvidia drivers?

1 Like

Weird, usually online ppl say that nvidia drivers are better than amd. Can you try another graphics card?

1 Like

Never had it happen to me. Sounds like you got unlucky.

Ok so I took out the card, dusted and cleaned the contacts, it might be my display port cable I just ordered a new one. But for now I got it back to decent, weird it’s probably not the drivers and I’m just a noob lol.

2 Likes

So, are the series x and ps5 out now?

1 Like

Yes both are out now but sold out.

3 Likes

Ok. Im not getting one. Hoping my current xbox one s lasts 3 more years.

1 Like

Will they make updates and games for 3 years?

1 Like

My Xbox has made it to California. It’s an hour away. Hope it gets here soon!

5 Likes

Lucky. I have to wait till black Friday to get mine. Although some sites are saying none will be in stock until December, before Christmas. Sony and Microsoft are fools. If they knew there was going to be high demand, then they should have made enough stock.

2 Likes

We will see. I think I saw a report that they would. Something could come out exclusive to series x, that could change my mind.

3 Likes

Will you still get it tonight yet? You’ve been pretty stoked about it for a while now. Do you have a buyer lined up for the second X?

1 Like